Lots of Flickering in Ardenweald now other areas

Hi there…A few months ago, I downloaded an update to my Nvidia driver and it caused what apparently was a universal issue with screen flicker in zones like Ardenweald.

I checked the forums - and was told this was an issue mostly on the Nvidia team’s side, and that the Blizzard engine had nothing to do with it.

I’ve updated my driver to the latest version (466.27) ) and the flickering persists…actually it’s in other zones too.

My question is - is this an issue with Nvidia still, or is it a Blizzard thing at this point and i need to reinstall or something.

EDIT: I want to add, that this occurs on my character’s helm (Winterborn crown) as well in zones OUTSIDE of Ardenweald as well. If that helps narrow the issue down to being a personal hardware one, or a universal one in-game.

i have a lenovo ideapad S340 with a 10th gen i5 ,UHD Graphics 8 GB ram and i got the flickering (only the sky flickers to black) but i fixed it for now … Reset settings to recommend then set Graphics Quality down to 1 disable Vertical Sync - graphics card not set to Auto Detect then adjust one setting at a time to look for any flickering

1 Like

vertical sync is always off, and i never had the flicker issues til i updated my driver.

I tried the graphics settings but it didn’t change a thing either :frowning:

You may have seen it already Saithis - main thread for this flickering is here:

[Main thread] Nvidia 460.xx driver flickering - Support / Technical Support - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Widespread problem. DirectX 11 is the main bandaid solution

1 Like

ok i thought it was resolved a little bit ago, but as long as i’m not the only one. i swear it was only ardenweald a few months ago, but it’s also affected by my armor type as well. i’ll cross my fingers and hope there’s a non-bandaid fix soon! thx for the replies guys :two_hearts: