Lots of DCs of late

I don’t play for long hours so my sampling of this is small, but within the last few weeks, not counting when the world servers were having issues, I’ve been experiencing somewhat frequent disconnects where I am booted to log in and often while I’m underwater or in combat or both so I almost always (9/10 times) log back in dead. Is there any way I can troubleshoot this to figure out if it’s something on my end? My net isn’t going down when this happens. I know that for certain. There is no error. It’s just one moment I’m swimming for the surface with a murloc chasing my butt, the next I’m at log in and really not having fun. It’s not always in combat or swimming. Sometimes I’m just traveling or standing there and it’s like “nah, you can’t play right now” /kick.

4 Likes

Why ya always be swimmin’? Dey got tings for dat. I hear yer goatman wieldin’ da elements got a solution for ya runnin outta breath.

2 Likes

Water Breathing doesn’t end combat. It only lets you breath under water :stuck_out_tongue:

Same with the underwater thing. Leveling a rogue and after combat, I immediately stealth and try to swim straight up, immediately disconnected. Very odd, possibly a way to interrupt bot farming gone wrong. I see plenty of videos of fly hacking bots “swimming” in the air, may be related.

Okay, here’s an interesting one! I was diving just now for a mining node and when resurfacing, I DCd. Nothing new… HOWEVER! I had made a couple weapon swap macros and had placed them on my bar. I also altered my targeting macro because of a quest I was working on. After I logged back in, the two macros were wiped and the edited one was rolled back to the previous version.

^ Macros get screwed if you don’t log out properly such as dcing.

Can confirm this is in retail as well. ESPECIALLY while your character is drunk. Character was drunk and I was attempting to fly just partially across Darkshore. 6 or more DCs later… drunk-state wore off and I stopped DCing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.