Lost Entire Account History Prior to June 3rd

You

The server reset 3 years ago. Anything before that is archived and would never show up on your profile since it was from the old forums.

Maybe I am not sure what you mean by “profile history”. Your posts, likes, responses are all character specific.

Edit: Also I would recommend going to the CS forums and post there is you have questions.

There is a profile for a character with your same name on a different server whose last post was June 2nd. You probably switched avatars by mistake and thus are posting under a new profile. Here is the old one:

2 Likes

Server resets 3 years ago. All of my posts between that time and June 3rd would not be affected. Yet they are no longer viewable to my in my profile activity.

Click your avatar, bring up your profile, view activity.

Before June 3rd I had years of activity listed there on this toon. As of June 3rd that has all disappeared from this pane. Any post of mine prior to June 3rd I come across while manually scanning the forums I cannot edit.

your account is special then i guess. my activity is tied to the charactername-servername.

funny enough i could regain the list of activities by creating a new character with same name on same server (even if its not same class) (teksuo used to be a DH)

1 Like

And this is the issue exactly. I have done nothing. I have not changed or created anything new. I came to the forums one day and went to edit a post I made a few days prior to June 3rd and there was no option to edit it.

Because it’s not tied to your account. If you switch your avatar to that character you can edit that characters posts. If that character doesn’t exist anymore, you can make a character with the same name on that server and get your profile back too.

1 Like

Yes. That is how it works. But I cannot. And now when I change avatars I get a new Joined date for that toon even though I’ve posted under those toons for years as well.

This is the avatar the posts in question were made under.

When I view my own profile it says Joined June 3rd.

What post were you trying to edit can you link the thread or say the thread title

But now I see what has happened but do not understand why. I changed servers on this toon in April. My profile that was linked above by Bluster shows me on Silver Hand. When I look at that profile I can see its history only up to June 2nd and nothing afterwards.

Have you tried here?

1 Like

because its character specific :stuck_out_tongue: this character is battlemaster but has no posting history

No I went to Technical Support instead. Thanks for pointing this out to me. I posted here just to see if anyone else had this happen to them.

That still doesnt explain why this characters posts end on June 2nd in that profile. And when I view my own profile I can see nothing before June 3rd. Same character.

1 Like

yes it does, go to your character selection and login onto your silverhand void elf with the green mog and you’ll see all your posts prior to june 3. humor me and post on it :stuck_out_tongue:

unless you mean to say that charcter no longer exists and you’d been posting on it even though the avatar was wrong in which case that’s blizzard servers specifically having an issue with updating data from a character

(by wrong avatar i mean you’ve been posting on a toon that hasn’t had its mog updated in months for example)

As we have said, they are name and server specific. Which is why the first question asked was if you changed servers lol

The forums pull from your armory, not your actual character ID. Ehlissa-Whisperwind is an entirely different character than Ehlissa-Silver-Hand

That character is not on Silver Hand any longer. You are missing the entire scope.

Which is what I have now noticed. But the problem I was having in coming to that conclusion was the fact that the move occurred in April but did not present itself until June 3rd.

Yeah sometimes it takes the armory a while to update.

Your forum account is attached to each character.

If I switch to a different character on these forums, my posts on this character will not be visible and my post count will be entirely different.

I think your understanding of how this forum works is faulty.

Yeah, given the issues with the armory over the course of… well… forever I was starting to assume this was a technical glitch rather than procedure.

then yes thats an armory issue and it just updated for you on june 3rd. you might have noticed a couple of threads over the last months about people complaining their mogs werent updating - your profile likely got caught in whatever issue the servers were having at the time and it just “fixed” itself june 3rd, and somehow it just created a whole new profile because probably when it tried to update it realized the data wasn’t the same so when it did the compare old data to new it went :woman_shrugging:

Right, exactly the issue. So see bringing this issue to the community saved me weeks of waiting for a reply from Support.

Thanks!

:purple_heart:

1 Like