Lost Deaths Verdict to a prot paladin

Try being a healer. ALL your gear is basically also dps gear, but they also have additional gear that is pretty much dps only.

DV is threat BIS for pallies. In a scenario where I care about the future of the raid I wouldn’t take it over a dps, but in a PUG where I’m tanking? BIS is BIS, and DV is BIS.

2 Likes

PuGs are good places to get those BiS items that would make the guild members you care about grumpy.

2 Likes

Well not really there is clearly healer gear vs dps caster gear. The overlap is minor compared to tank vs dps but it’s there and it’s a lot more than it was in TBC or vanilla.

Translation: I am the reason that WoW Classic has no community, and I intentionally try to screw everyone who doesn’t directly benefit me.

2 Likes

You’re assuming the prot paladin was good

1 Like

Not at all.

All healer gear is dps gear except a FEW trinkets. And Dps have the added benefit of also being able to pick from hit items

Umm what??? Any gear with mp5 is definitely not caster dps gear

There is more overlap between caster dps and healer gear than melee and tank gear. But there is still distinctions for healers.

Exactly, sure a piece with no mp5 and no hit and no spirit is kind of up for grabs but that’s really not many pieces.

Nah, just that PuGs aren’t generally built to make sure all the items are going to their absolute best hands.

People don’t lose their minds when the 20 average parse warrior wins a DV.

It’s pretty much understood that in a PuG, people generally go for their BiS without worrying about who can use it better.

If you want that kind of consideration, join a guild, or a like minded group of individuals, not a random PuG run.

2 Likes

You dont have any idea what you’re talking about.

Healers aren’t grabbing mp/5 gear if they can avoid it and there’s almost none to begin with.

Mage and locks are both grabbing gear with spirit. Dps are only grabbing a couple hit pieces. Most avoid gear with hit on it after cap because it’s wasted stats, and don’t need much to cap anyway

Yes, I do. Don’t be dismissive and condescending simply because someone doesn’t agree with you. There is plenty of mp5 gear that is healing gear. The fact that healers don’t prio mo5 gear does nothing to change that

da gdkp loot system allows dis to happen. dis is another reason why rmt n pay to win is bad for da game.

take a look at dis guild asking for da gold cap to be raised.
Gold cap too low . plus da same guild asking for nerfs Nerf Ulduar .

haha. here is a photo of a guilds guild master telling buyers in da gold selling discord how to get priority spots in da gdkp discord. note da ranks n color of their name in da discord. green is gdkp leader.

imgur. com/a/yboW7Pw

a guild officer dat also sells gold on a discord while also running a gdkp discord. note da ranks n color of their name in da discords.

imgur. com/a/YdnNCOj

screenshot of dat same guilds gdkp discord promoting da same gold selling discord. haha. note da ranks n color of their name in da discord. yellow is leader.

imgur. com/a/GyQcgZf

dis one gold farming operation had 45,000,000 gold sold in tbc classic with da price of 12 usd dollars per 1000 gold.

540,000 usd real life money earned through one gdkp selling gold to people. no one can say dis does not ruin da spirit of classic n promote pay to win culture. too much gold in da game from bots.

think about all da other gold farming operations on da classic servers. dis is just one example. now u have wow token blizzard gold farming operation.

dis is a lot of real life money being earned.

haha. so funny.

haha 150,000,000 gold now sold through dis gdkp in wotlk. real life money earned now up to 750,000 usd.

750,000 usd earned through tbc n wotlk from da one gdkp n gold selling operation. let dat sink in.

remember dis is only one gdkp. now with wow token n da thousands of other gdkps. take a step back n look at da big picture.

2 Likes

I kinda thought/hoped your batteries ran out. Guess someone decided to fire up their forum bot again.

1 Like

well they have the choice then accept the ret pally being prot to get the run done. or wait as long as it takes to get a main spec tank.

This is true. Haha I have it on my main DK, but can understand the frustration. I can also understand that’s it’s BiS for prot paladins, but know that it’s still a tough pill for dps to swallow. Most pug tanks are bad

That goes for any prot paladin. Your skill doesn’t change the fact of how good DC/DV is for prot paladin.

Skill does matter - a bad prot paladin who is taking too much dmg and has a poor rotation/defensive cd usage will suffer with a DC/DV. It wouldn’t matter that his threat and dmg is better or that he gains block from the proc if he’s dying or griefing his healers/group by eating easily mitigated dmg (we’re talking about pug prot paladins) DV/DC wouldn’t be a huge increase to a prot paladin that doesn’t know how to use his offensive abilities

1 Like

At this point, lets give the resident affliction lock prio to deaths verdict. Also skills and knowing mechanics pay the bills, being a prot paladin may not be as hard are being a bear, tank war or tank dk but competence is a must.

2 Likes

The only skill they need to use the trinket it to equip it…

It will help in every regard. That trinket will not be the difference in anything you mentioned above.

I know prot palls is the EZ mode but skills are definitely needed, and if you agree that the trinket DV will not make a difference, why is it BIS?

2 Likes