Lost all Mechagon Progress?

Ok sorry but just discovered something. This toon was an Alliance and I had done the entire Mechagon storyline up to the raid. I looked and all of that has been wiped out, every single thing for The Mechagonian Threat.

That is a NEUTRAL storyline so why did it all reset? All those quests, all the credit is gone. What?

The story line and it’s quests are faction specific.

If you look at the guides for Mechagon, while the quest lines are similar, they are different for horde and alliance.

1 Like

Unfortunate. I didn’t know that. Well, ok, so much for playing Alliance. I’m not doing all that over again so forget Mechagnomes. Think it’s time to delete all of my Alliance and be done with this nonsense.

You should be able to do the raid on another Alliance character and it will still count for the Mechagonian Threat achievement as a whole and let you unlock Mechagnomes.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion, Anahkset. If you are looking just to unlock the Mechagnomes the requirements are account wide. Once you qualify you only need to complete the introduction quest on a qualifying Alliance character.

If you want to see more on the Mechagon questing, this guide lists the quests for both factions.

1 Like

Ok hold up. This is the toon that had the Mechagon progress and it’s been wiped out with the faction change. I had done everything but the raid. So I’m still confused as to how I unlock them as I had one more thing left to do for the achievement.

You should be free to just do all the quests over again, I don’t believe there’s a reputation swap involved, but don’t quote me on that. Once that’s done, your account then qualifies to unlock access on an eligible Alliance character.

Sorry, when I looked at the achievement on wowhead it looked like Mechagonian Threat was a meta achievement made up of smaller achievements. If that was the case, completing the raid on any alliance toon would complete it.

Looking at it again I see I was mistaken and it’s just quest progress with the final raid achievement. Sorry, that was my mistake.

I had done all of this:
The Legend of Mechagon
Let’s Get It Started
Report to Gila
The Start of Something Bigger
The Resistance Needs YOU!
My Father’s Armies
Drill Rig Construction
Welcome to the Resistance
Looking Inside
You Must be This Height
A Small Team
Princely Visit
Rescuing the Resistance
We Can Fix It
Send my Father a Message

But had not done this:
Operation: Mechagon - The Mechoriginator

To get the achievement: The Mechagonian Threat. Now all of it is showing as not done. I didn’t have the rep finished yet but that’s no big deal. However having to do ALL of those quests again IS a big deal and no I will NOT do that. No.

Your reputation would have transferred with the character, so you haven’t lost anything there. Unfortunately, if you didn’t complete the achievement then that wouldn’t be accessible on the Horde side. Partially completed achievements don’t generally count. Sorry.

1 Like

Wish I’d known that before faction changing. I thought since it was done by both sides it was the same. My bad for not making sure. Ok, so I’m back to zapping Alliance and playing only Horde. I’m really tired of this kind of thing and I’m done with it. Playing only one faction will eliminate this from ever happening again in any way. TY though.

This has me scared now. I was just about to faction swap this toon and now I’m worried. I realize that I won’t lose any Mechagon rep, but I have not finished all of the Mechagon quests, or gotten the achievement. Will I lose all progress on that and basically start Mechagon(quest/achieve wise) like I was a new 120 just starting? I had read the faction swap faq and was cool with what all I read, until I saw this.

If the progress in the achievement is from the character that is faction changing? Yes. The completed achievement is account wide though, so if you get the achievement prior to faction changing you’ll retain that qualification.

2 Likes