Loss of 2 pvp talents = large nerf to dh pvp

Two pvp talents have been removed with massive ramifications.

1. Demon form gives 10% vers and cd reduction.
    While not really used for the cd reduction, the loss of this is a flat 10% dmg nerf and 5% increased dmg taken while in demon form. While true, it’s still available in the general talent tree, it would have to be taken in place of the eye beam putting you in demon form. In pvp, it’s pretty crucial to start the fight with eye beam for demon form and then do a few moves then metamorphosis to reset those moves for big hits of dmg.

2. Loss of mortal strike on blade dance.
    On the surface, this doesn’t seem like much - however it’s pretty huge if you want to have a mortal strike.

Previously if you chose the pvp talent, you could then get essence break and increased demon form duration for fury spent AND fodder to the flame. Now you have to choose between demon form duration or fodder.

Or you could have gone essence break, changing all spell dmg to chaos so your mastery makes it stronger (ie. the hunt) AND fodder to the flame. Now it’s one or the other.

So on the surface, it doesn’t seem like a huge change but actually is pretty impactful for pvp.

2 Likes

Is in the spec tree.

You’ll just need to make a decision, as having both is no longer going to be available in DF.

1 Like

Well, wow is first and foremost a PvE game, with PvP as a side addition.

As such, pvp will always be scuffed.

If you want a true PVP game play Starcraft 2 or something.

Yeah but sorry, dhs are busted now and as much at 70.
You’re “guy” must have given you the good good.

2 Likes

yep is a big hit while playing pvp, wonder what the developer thinks when they do things like this.

a pvp talent, oh yea is smart if you put it on the tree maybe they want it for pve???

Wrong.

Totally wrong.

WoW is a MMO that offers both PvE and PvP and player choose to participate in PvP or in PvE.

Not because you PvE mainly that the game is a PvE game.

I only PvP in WoW and only , not ever a dongeon , I will char boost and do BG to lvl , you can avoid completely all PvE.

I wear duelist gear by never doing PvE , game offers PvP and it’s not a sidegame.

6 Likes

no one is arguing “pve and pvp” mortal strike been only useful as PVP talent.

Doesn’t make any sense to waste a tree talent when is always been a pvp talent and honestly no one will use it on raids or Mythics since you are better investing in a talent that does damage, and use your interrupts/ccs if , and if there is a mob healer that is very rare.

more damage is 100% helpful all the time. 25% healing reduction in pve…1% useful?

It’s called balancing.

that doesn’t make any sense “balancing”,
in life if is not broken dont move it, well wow is with the idea if it works, lets breck it for not reason.

I think almost every class has had stuff “removed” and then put on the talent tree. I can’t believe I have to listen to DH, the current gods of pve AND pvp whining about ANYTHING.

sweet jesus…

It doesnt really feel as you are saying I kinda walk over people like they are naked in pvp.