Lor'themar spoilers

Their reponse to a “boycott” would be

“Gosh, I sure am glad all of those negative people left so that the real fans could enjoy our wonderful story!”

15 Likes

no their response would be “look at all these people angry about the story, we are doing good” remember they once said they like when players get angry with a character or story or something like that

16 Likes

I personally would like the plot twist of Geya’rah cornering everyone with a bunch of Mag’har, ready to finish us off, and then Aggra shows up, and Geya’rah stands down. “You are the one orc I refuse to raise a blade to, Aggra.” - Showing a softer side to the character and AU romance implications.

poor thrall, lost his wife to his AU counterpart

3 Likes

Pointless apparently, devs outright told they don´t take into account player feedback for their story decisions.

I say Blizzcon is the thing that needs to get boycotted in the name of lore… much harder to ignore.

wooooow this is just great then… its true the only thing they understand is their subs diminishing.

Yes, but also keeping in mind that there’s no more text boxes or any method of feedback collection available while unsubbing, there’s no way they would know why any one player quits short of them making a thread on General (because R.I.P. suggestion forums) or sending feedback proactively to them. As far as they’re concerned, a person could have quit for any reason under the sun. At this point, I really don’t know what feedback they even accept.

In the same vein, I also don’t believe they will value story over gameplay when it comes to improving the quality of life in WoW. It’s kind of the perfect storm of people quitting, and they won’t know exactly why, so they can’t work on things with that amount of accuracy.

I don’t think enough people care that much about the lore to boycott Blizzcon. That said, if they tried to get a For the Horde chant and it was met with a half hearted or almost silent response, it would be kind of funny. Again I doubt that would ever happen, particularly when alcohol is involved.

3 Likes

"Ah, so Saurfang, Baine, Lor’themar, Thrall, Rokhan, Thalyssra, Talanji and Mayla have sent you here with twenty-four of your friends to assassinate the Banshee Queen and I? Very well.

Play along for now."

12 Likes

The overall story is written waaaaay far in advance for them to modify most parts of it.

As an example (going to use a ridiculous one on purpose) they decided the end boss of BFA was going to be Anduin and his Queen Sylvanas leading the Black Empire into 9.0. Even if the fans hate that they can’t really change it.

In addition to that, when it comes to writing, writers very rarely listen to feedback. Even the best writers. So expecting Blizz to actually change it based on feedback is not realistic.

Please… way ahead of you… at the end of the next expansion Lightforge Queen Sylvanas and Ascended Lightlord Anduin with their lightforged armies defeated all the old gods then turned against us for not being holy enough.

Don’t forget their adopted daughters Calia and Yriel

Lol. And Goe’l becoming elemental forged riding upon an ascended Wolf.

But ya, point is, the most you can get from feedback is the manner of which they portray the story, not the story itself. For instance, I think concerns over the Horde not feeling motivated to fight the Alliance is something they could address. Since the Horde characters seem to feel justified, but the non “red is dead” players?

You most certainly can’t expect them to change the actual direction of the story. Most I could see them doing in the Baine scenario is modify the Sunreaver part somehow. If they aren’t going to permanently align with Sylvanas and this is just a one off, I’d like to see Arethas or Lor’themar mention it in conversation to Jaina and just replace them in the scenario with more undead.

You know, that was Arthas’ plot in Wrath, too, come to think of it.

2 Likes

Great so we raid Sylvanas, she kills us all and goes to raise us but Calia blocks her MC and we kill her as undead and then Anduin raises all non Forsaken back to life ? Sylvanas’s plan was to anger everyone into sending their best against her ?

This isn’t MoP, this is a Frankenstein of expansions.

I got a feeling that half of Lor’themar’s Blood Elf People will go rogue and be on Team Sylvanas. Only ones I can think of are Rommath and Liadrin.

the sunreavers will, i dont know about the others.

Where’s Aethas Sunreaver out of all of this?

he has yet to make an appearance

Rommath hates Sylvanas and was quite possibly the first Horde character to see her for what she is.

Liadrin could go either way though. You’d think a pious paladin on a redemption quest would raise an eyebrow at helping a genocidal zombie conquer the world, but these writers have just written her as Sylvanas’ gormless henchwoman so far.

5 Likes