Lor'themar spoilers

What’s hard to grasp is what the in-game justification is supposed to be.

Like, normally, when you go undercover, you’re trying to, say, uncover evidence, or maybe learn who the masterminds of an organization are.

They’re already past that point. They don’t need any more evidence of treason at this point, and you’re straight up hanging out with all of the leaders of this rebellion.

“Keep playing along, and even though these people are the ones at the very top of this conspiracy, keep playing along with them and we won’t bother to try and stop them!”

Not having you stop them at this point is just letting things futher escalate in their favor.

6 Likes

I was scrolling to get to the bottom of this thread, and this is all I saw in the blur of comments. Give.

3 Likes

the horde is a crap fest

2 Likes

So should we take our bets on how Deathisfinal will spin this positively?

5 Likes

If Nathanos is betraying Sylvanas and uses loyal horde players to do it, then that would be a twist that would be on the level they have been hinting at.

4 Likes

Lol you’ve already put way more thought into the “just go along with it” side plot than Blizzard has.

6 Likes

If you were a mage in Legion you already did that. Sunreavers don’t have the best track record when it comes to not sabotaging Dalaran.

there shoulda never been a choice to begin with and im cracking up at the people disappointed in it. you weren’t meant to get a choice but they saw so much tears on the forums they gave you one and now they basically pranking you guys the rest of the way its hilarious.

5 Likes

This has been shown over and over again. We know. We KNOW!

Make me feel worse, if you can. “Sigh” :wave:

Listen-- It really bothers me because I know they are Blood elves and let’s be honest: Blood elves have dealt with enough crap. And it really angers me that blizzard would use the Purge against them, as a race. Regardless of their affiliation. And it bothers me even MORE that it will be at the side of Jaina. Who uses the opportunity for a redemption arc, by claiming that the Purge was the complete fault of the Sunreavers, when we know that isn’t true. I want revenge, just as much as the next (real) Blood elf.

But what am I supposed to do? I am a High elf and I am loyal to Silvermoon and the Farstriders. I can’t just NOT follow my Regent. :cry:

PS: Just to note: I want to free Baine (hence an old Horde player) but not at the expense of Blood elf lives/blood.

13 Likes

I can understand this PoV.

They have hinted at such enmity towards their playerbase.

They threw out the suggestion of permanently killing Player Characters or disabling them if they disagree with Blizzard making the Horde Anduin’s ugly toys. They said that would be overboard - but they considered it.

I guess they simply chose to throttle back their punishment for players who will not happily serve the Boy King. Instead of making Horde players dead or deleted, just make Horde players too disgusted to play.

5 Likes

And then on her plaque it’ll say: Here lays Sylvanas Windrunner. She died because they kept playing along.

18 Likes

peperony and chease

You mean apart from that guy who was completely innocent of involvement in the Divine Bell who was just trying to get his money out of the bank and flee the city but was murdered by Alliance players?

The theft was presented as being carried out by a handful of Sunreavers. Even Aethas only discovered it by accident and that was after it was in progress. Name one other political group within the Kirin Tor that got similar treatment because of a few rogue members?

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard just retcons it that all the Sunreavers were involved in some type of grand conspiracy since blizzard seems to not be able to look at anything narrative that paints the Alliance in less than a shining light and whitewash it. I am still somewhat surprised they didn’t retcon the events with Daelin to make him the good guy during his attack on the orcs during the founding of Org. The fact we side with Jaina here only emphasises that.

I hope the Alliance likes some whitewashing with it’s whitewashing. Gods the writing for the Horde narrative is a joke. Shades of grey and moral nuance my butt.

26 Likes

Given the changes that were made to better the experience for Night Elves in Darkshore content, hopefully we can provide feedback on how to make this palatable.

2 Likes

More to the point, why are we even arguing over who deserved what? Nobody deserved to be shot down in the street in a violent murder spree, even if all of them were culpable. The issue isn’t what the Sunreavers did, it’s what Jaina did during the purge. The Sunreavers can say ‘we were all in on it, you watery tart’ and still want vengeance for her disproportionate and maniacal response.

2 Likes

Bahaha! So whose the bigger traitor? The one who handed Derek over to the Alliance or the Horde PC scum who participated in either willfully slaying members of the Horde for a greater, failed purpose or assisting in freeing a traitor to the Horde?

Come on. Give us a break. If we’re not killed or chained up for our actions will be blackmailed or lash under another heros whip for our “actions”

All they had to do was let the player disguise himself as a sunreaver, and fight thrall/baine/jaina etc. Then after you inevitably die, Nathanos shows up and you get rezd.

Is it really that hard to make an alternate scenario?

7 Likes

I think we all have to accept the reality that we really are little more than glorified video cameras that exist to follow the soap opera of the super heroes and villains of the story. It’s the best way to explain the schizophrenic nature of our characters.

2 Likes

Tombstone Pizza, Pierre!

1 Like

Rokhan also provides Saurfang and Thrall with a stealth totem to get into the Underhold… guess that means he’s on Team Saurfang too.

6 Likes