Lor'themar spoilers

The ships are all gone, that probably includes airships too. Magic is power variable in WoW but I don’t think it’d be able to summon more than an infiltrators and why hasn’t she done this to Stormwind yet?

The Trolls and Orcs are not going to listen to her. The undead are refugees. And how many Lilians are out there?

I don’t recall Dalaran begging. In fact, in Shadow of the Sun, Aethas begs Lor’themar for permission to recruit Magisters to go to Dalaran and to try and gain readmission in the Kirin Tor, which most of the Kirin Tor being wary of that, and the Silver Covenant forming to basically go, “No!”

Maybe not beg(said that to make it more dramatic lol) but they asked around. This was in the wrath of the lich king.

Yes, I recall Wrath. The Kirin Tor sent out a message to most magical societies informing them about the Nexus War. A coordinated effort to fight Malygos was organized, aided by the Dragons of the Wyrmrest accord.

Ever since BfA’s story was revealed to be a dumpster fire, I’ve been saying that I didn’t want Lor’themar and the Blood Elves to get involved in the story because I was worried they would be tarnished. Now I get to team up with Jaina Proudmoore to kill Sunreavers.
:neutral_face:

31 Likes

No, what your “choice” does is create a narrative that doesn’t make sense:

Nathanos: Play along. They are in for a surprise.

[The trap fails because you, the PC, while “playing along,” help foil it].

Nathanos: Curses, our trap failed!

How is it hard to see that this is not good writing? It makes Nathanos into a drivelling moron.

31 Likes

Kind of see why the sun reavers were right from their perspective? Horde doesn’t get to be in the right not even from their perspective. It just sucks that when they are, blizzard does this. Instead of using it as a reason for players to invest in the faction war.

5 Likes

The only way I see Sunreavers being right, is those Sunreavers who weren’t part of the betrayal. That said, I also don’t see those Sunreavers as justified in pursuing revenge. They apparently know what happened after the fact. Their leader failed them, the Horde failed them, and their fellow Sunreavers failed them. To have some turn around and basically just prove Jaina right, is so completely idiotic and revolting, that I can only imagine someone on the writing team gets off super hard at this kind of nonsense.

2 Likes

This is the core problem with the entire BfA narrative. Instead of crafting an experience where players on both factions could feel justified (i.e. like most real world conflicts), Blizzard went for a straight-up good vs. evil narrative with half the player base forced to be on the evil team. That’s why we need to side with the Alliance when it is time for us to be good.

Again.

30 Likes

I disagree with that. Only 2 sun reavers knew, and their leader Aethas finding out never even made it in game.

2 Likes

the rebels kills sylvanas

nathanos:“play along with these traitors, this is part of a greater plan!”

5 Likes

It’s still considered canon. During the Isle of Thunder, when Jaina and Lor’themar confront one another, when the matter of the Purge and the Theft of the Divine Bell are brought up, he shuffled guiltily.

The fact remains here. These Sunreavers loyal to Sylvanas are just proving Jaina was right, and its the stupidest bit of writing I’ve seen yet in this expansion, and that’s saying a lot.

I get that they wanted to give Horde players some kind of closure with the Purge, but really? This feels hamfisted and does the opposite.

3 Likes

Honestly lol, it’s kind of hard for me to take the story seriously anymore.

I’m just in it for the ride at this point to see how rediculous it gets and where it goes next expack.

2 Likes

Ya man, I cancelled my sub I don’t think I will reactivate again.

The narrative for the horde the past decade has been; villain bat and alliance netural content.

I don’t know what blizzard is thinking or wants. If they want a evil horde, then say it. Blizzard has just lied to the horde player every step of the way in BFA

7 Likes

It appears “Play along” is now a thing.

Heck, it might go on in perpetuity.

Nathanos might be in charge of a disaffected loyalist loser Reputation after the Factions merge under Anduin’s rule.

After every turn in, he will say “Play along”, and it will never come to anything except maybe a Murloc-Sylvanas pet at Exalted.

1 Like

Ya this is no closure, more of a slap in the face of Blood elf fans and horde fans.

14 Likes

Fair point. They should just have the PC be disabled then.

Just casually helping murder the loyal Horde faction we have helped since Wrath no biggie.

I feel as though Blizzard could lessen the backlash by giving the Horde PC the option to not kill the Sunreavers. At the very least knock them out.

Just my two cents.

7 Likes

I won’t lie–a Murloc-Sylvanas pet sounds awesome. :smiley:

9 Likes