Lore figures that need more

What lore figures in your mind need to be brought from out of the shadows and into the story more? Be it them doing more for their faction, bigger leadership role, or even simply a proper end to their story.

My list consists of Horde characters, no bias intended or anything it’s just simply what I play and think about more. I also think the Horde is in desperate need for any and all lore figures to come out of hiding.

1. Eitrigg: He needs a new model first off. I realize he is rather old now but the Orcs are in desperate need of any lore figures right now. The fact that they didn’t do anything with him over the death of Tirion really upset me.
  2. Ariok: Make his rescue from Hellfire Citadel cannon and have him be the new face of young Orcs. He has a unique model with the blood magic infusion so that adds some personality to things.
  3. Nazgrel: I don’t think I need to say much about him, I mean come on Blizzard do you even remember he exists?
  4. Rommath: This guy is supposed to be a powerhouse of a mage, I want to see him just melting hordes of enemies with fire like it’s nothing. I would really like him to show the magical prowess of the Blood Elves.
  5. Halduron: Show the ranger side of Quel’thalas off, have this guy be the ranger/special forces leader of the Horde.
  6. Drek’thar: Let him have an in game death and a proper goodbye he has deserved for a long time.

My list could go on for sometime, but I am curious to see what others think and who they would want to see get more FaceTime.

22 Likes

Do you understand what bias means?
But I do agree. The Horde could do with expanding their characters.

5 Likes

Did you read the recent short story about the Horsemen? Or played the game?

1 Like

Typo/autocorrect it was meant to say NAZGREL. My bad.

3 Likes

Okay that makes a lot more sense lol.

2 Likes

I’m simply stating I have no objections to the Alliance getting more lore characters/development where they are due. I don’t think just the horde should get attention so I’m not being Horde bias. Many things on both sides need attention, I’m just pointing out a few from the side I play. :man_shrugging:

He was being very blunt about it, but he’s pointing out that bias exists regardless of if it is malicious or not. I’m biased for Mac and Cheese compared to Rice, because I like it more is an example.

That being said, I want to see more Nobundo. He pops in every now and again to do Shaman related things, but Light damnit he was explicitly the reason why I was interested in draenei shaman and the reason why I (consistently) only attempt to play draenei shaman.

Give him a purpose to exist damnit haha.

5 Likes

Might be strange of me but I read his “no bias” statement as more like “this isn’t due to my bias” or “not wanting to make this a biased thread”.

Anyway, I want more Bloodfang. I miss that guy, we need real Worgen characters that identify significantly with the Worgen half of the race identity. I don’t feel like we get enough of that.

Can’t think of other characters, maybe Instructor Duskwalker since I liked how arrogant he seemed while teaching students in the Telogrus Rift. I want to see more Void Elf characters written like the Blood Mage unit from WC3 and add more depth to Alliance themes.

13 Likes

Rokhan first and foremost. Also I’d be weary of giving Rommath more screentime after he nearly got the villain bat in Cataclysm. He’s probably on a list of potential traitors somewhere in the writing offices.

10 Likes

Rokhan, Geya’rah, Aggra, Jevan Grimtotem, Gorgonna, Rommath, Halduron, Master Gadrin, Vanira, Zen’tabra, Drek’thar, Jorin Deadeye, Faranell, Lilian Voss, Mida Silvertongue, Gazlowe, Ji Firepaw, Kiro, Nisha, Occuleth, Valtrois, and Mayla Highmountain.

8 Likes

Being totally bias.

Umbric: Void Elves come out of the left field, and while Umbric was quite active in the story, being a new race i think Void Elves deserve more attention.

Chen Stormstout: We need monks being relevant in the plot. Which brings me to the next two.

Aysa Cloudsinger and Ji firepaw: reason above.

Drenalim Whisperwind: As a secondary warden that hasn’t gone insane and carries the Whisperwind name, i’m just curious about her, same for Orenthil, but i’m not sure he managed to get out of Teldrassil.

Jarod and Maiev shadowsong are kinda my favorite characters in lore, more of them please.

9 Likes

See I see “bias” as more of if I were to state

“Only horde characters should get development, screw the alliance they don’t need anything, I want it all.”

Not

“Here’s my side of the story and what I think needs improvement, what do you think about your side?”

Glad this has become one of the main focal points of the thread though. :smile::ok_hand:

7 Likes

Forsaken characters like Belmont and Faranell.

4 Likes

Crowley. Bloodfang. Any Gnome or Mechagnome character at all. Any dwarf that’s not Magni at all.

6 Likes

Well first and foremost should be Gallywix. He’s been a scheming pain in the backside for the Horde for multiple different expansions, sided with Sylvanas, and also has no interest in leading the Goblins as a people, nor helping the Horde in any way. He is purely in it for himself. And I feel like that should be dealt with quick smart.

Other then that the Orcs are in dire need of proper representation again. Eitrigg, Geya’rah, Ariok (as said above), and more. They went from being a powerhouse race, to a whole bunch of their leaders becoming redundant through death or other means. I’m hoping that the tease of Garrosh in the Revendreth afterlives means he’ll be making an appearance again, and hopefully a redeemed one. A repented Garrosh rejoining the horde while, at first, would be very questionable could easily lead to a decent outcome.

1 Like

Any worthwhile version of Garrosh would laugh at the vassal state the Horde has become.

2 Likes

I think you got the wrong impression from my post my guy. Half the horde council is Elven or furry and the other half likes to hang out with Alliance leaders. It’s disgraceful.

2 Likes

Oh no I know what you meant, I could see him laughing at some many factors of the Horde since his fall. Would just also love to hear what he would say about Sylvanas.

1 Like

Alleria Windrunner
Magister Umbric
Turalyon
Arator
Vereesa
Nobundo
Velen
Maiev

Rokhan is top of my list. As a character who has been here since 2003 he has had next to no development. Ffs Zek’han has more of a presence than Rokhan.

1 Like