Lord Stormsong

Hey Blizz, you know what would be really freakin’ neato? If you changed Lord Stormsong so he doesn’t reset when he casts Ancient Mindbender and there’s only one target. Trying to farm the Vestments of the Tidesages but unfortunately I can only get him to about 60% before he casts the MC and the fight resets. Thanks.

That is how mind control works. Blizz could make it that he doesn’t cast it if there is only 1 person however BFA dungeons / raids are not considered “legacy content” yet. So don’t expect any changes any time soon.

2 Likes

It’s entirely possible that he’s coded never to MC a tank-specced player, meaning a Tank would be able to solo him whereas anyone in a damage/healing spec would not.

You can also go immune during the cast, and he will not be able to actually MC you. This is content that people did already solo at 120, so it’s more a factor of botched player scaling if people are actually still having trouble now (and in that sense, tweaking his MC logic would serve to compensate for scaling issues).

Maybe, but the transmog set he drops is for cloth wearers. Maybe I’ll have to level a mage and just ice block the MC, which should work for the first one. Are there any other items that prevent MC? Not MCing if there’s only one player is exactly the change I had in mind.

What you can do is stand in the water behind him until you which 50% hp (which is the amount that you need to get to so you don’t get MC’ed).

You only get MC’ed if you do not get to 50% before the mindbender takes full control. Before that point you are simply hostile to allies and you are silenced.

No, being below 50% doesn’t work either. The MC still happens and all it takes is a split second for the fight to check that there’s no enemies so it resets.

Use the blademaster trinket from hfc

I’ll give it a shot, but I don’t see why that would work.

It used to work in similar scenarios. The hans’gar and franzok encounter used to reset when only one person was detected. Blademaster trinket used to work to counter this as it acted as a pseudo 2nd player.