Lorash Sunbeam

Hey, before I get a “No” can you humor me for a second?

Would you be excited for them to finally have a rematch for him to have another go at Malfurion, ten years after the War of Thorns? Thinking about it sounds pretty interesting, all that thousand-year-old spite would be a great way to re-spark another conflict without it being a full-on war.

I wouldn’t mind if he was further developed into an antagonist role.

1 Like

I would certainly not be excited for that. We’d all know the outcome.

7 Likes

The arthritis will catch up with ol’ Malfy… someday.

2 Likes

Isnt he plant food already?

He got resurrected in Darkshore. Do you play Horde at all? He was even in Brill during the Dark Ranger questline.

3 Likes

Blizzard could make it interesting!

Honestly didnt play much of my Horde in BfA and I didnt really notice most of the Horde during the reclamation questline.

Seeing as how Malfurion has power over nine thousand plus added Alliance plot armor, Lorash would go kersplat pretty quickly. The Horde doesn’t really need a lose another interesting character so I’d rather see him brood around the ruins of Lordaeron for the forseeable future.

10 Likes

No.

3 Likes

What if he walks into an Anti-Magic zone tho.

Lorash was basically the embodiment of the Horde for BFA. Stupidly, unjustifiably evil murderhobo and contradicting, nonsensical lore.

7 Likes

I’m still baffled by the character as Anastarian was, at least at one point, portrayed as aged at about 3,000 years.

Which for perspective is the time between the Akkadian Empire of Mesopotamia and the year of our Lord 2022. So, seemed like a long enough lifespan to me.

But at a certain point now everyone’s just functionally immortal until the writers say they aren’t. Like I’m pretty sure humans, Orcs and Trolls all have a similar 80-100 year old lifespan.

But for the life of me I can’t remember anyone dying of old age accept for I think like Anduin’s butler.

17 Likes

I stonecold adore how the single edgiest blood elf I’ve ever encountered in lore was named Lorash Freakin’ Sunbeam.

It’s fantastic.

11 Likes

Boss characters cant be silenced.

Not really. If anything he’s pretty much the only Horde character with any kind of justifiable grievance with Malfurion and an actual reason to want to fight the night elves. The rest of us had to go along with Sylvanas’s garbage.

This is true though. The retcon it took to contrive his backstory is staggering and the author admitted he forgot about the more salient bad blood between the two elven races (the sentinels’ little incursion into Quel’Thalas).

6 Likes

Elven ages in Warcraft are always laughably inconsistent. I recall reading somewhere that the response to Lorash being older than Anasterian and not showing any signs of age were that Anasterian has the weight of Quel’thalas on his shoulders which weighed on him and aged him prematurely.

Like damn, if the stress of running a kingdom knocked THOUSANDS of years off of my life I’d be going to live with the Goblins on the beaches of Stranglethorn, babe.

7 Likes

That might shorten your life, too, given the explosion based goblin lifespan.

11 Likes

I guess better to go out in the blazing glory of a flaming mojito gone awry than turn into a decrepit old elf by the time you’re 30(00)?

6 Likes

Where can I read about both of these things?

Conveniently, no one talks about the Blood Elf incursion into Ashenvale during Classic.

If you need to break the lore just to have a justifiable reason to want to fight the Night Elves… then maybe no such justification exists.

2 Likes