Loot Trading in Classic *updated*

Quality solution on loot trading concerns, blizz. +1

That only happened in the TBC prepatch, and was not a thing during actual vanilla.

1 Like

Actually totally miss-read! This is actually perfect!

Fantastic. Please look into our feedback on AV so we can get a true authentic AV experience - not 1.12 which is essentially retail and missing 80% of the original AV’s content. Missing 80% of the content of the original battleground is as far from Classic as you can get.

4 Likes

Define dead realm. If factions had huge imbalances on certain realms they should post in in forums so some people will know that there are less prey or more prey.
Either way people who join factions because there is more people on 1 then the other deserve lack of pvp.

Got a be open there are people who join the losing side, and people who like restart on low population realms.
Information is key, and recommendations for certain factions on certain realms would be a good idea. Kinda like how new player recommended realms there are.

I think this is a reasonable compromise. 5-mans are almost always PUGs and ripe for abuse, where-as RAIDs are not (not in classic they weren’t). When a guild PUGs a few people to fill empty slots in a RAID, its always master-looter anyway and the rules are laid out at the start.

-Matt

2 Likes

That’s a good compromise

No, I remember pretty clearly doing raids and seeing paladin gear dropping for horde long before tbc or pre-patch were even thought of.

1 Like

Glad to see the Classic team is reaching out and listening to the community. Keep up the great work, can’t wait for release!

3 Likes

I’m glad this has been changed. I think this is a solution that will work well!

Just like how warlocks remembered their demons not immediately despawning when summoning another one.

5 Likes

I 100% fully support this change. This seems like a well-thought out balance to the problems.

Thank you for listening and thank you for doing a great job!

Or reroll on the opposite faction. And BOOM tons of nice targets.

Holy sh!t. YOU GUYS ARE ACTUALLY LISTENING. THANK YOU!!! KAIVAX!!! Please, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reconsider the 1.12 AV. You guys are doing a great job. Thank you for listening.

2 Likes

This EXACTLY the compromise a no changer can get behind. Thanks Kaivax and the Classic Dev team!

1 Like

Can I just say how much you guys are killing it lately?! Communication is at an all-time high for Classic news, and your responses are proving so much that you care, you’re listening, and you’re implementing reasonable compromises or full on reversals when solid community feedback is received. Thanks to K and the whole Classic team - you guys are doing such a great job, and the hype for this project has never been higher (along with my faith that you guys are doing things right)!

There are two possible explanations for this.

1 - It was BoE paladin gear. Bind on Equip paladin and shaman gear can drop for either faction. Use the neutral AH to sell it to the people who actually want it.

2 - You remember wrong.

Those are the options, because BoP paladin/shaman gear did not drop cross-faction in raids. (It could drop in dungeons; Elements could drop for Alliance and Lightforge for Horde. But we are discussing raids here.)

When the pre patch dropped my Ony raid had 2 shaman helms drop when we couldn’t have shaman yet so it did happen.

In the pre-patch

Which is explicitly what no one is talking about. The pre-patch was TBC.

1 Like

I remember a melee weapon with a chance to let u cast a spell or something that deff only benefits shamans.

The Hand of Edward the Odd, while an excellent weapon for shaman, was a BoE world drop that was also super good for paladins.

2 Likes