Loot Trading in Classic *updated*

This does absolutely nothing to address the much bigger issue. Selling loot in raids.

The game being much easier this time around (for many reason) ensures that there will be far more pick up raids than 14 years ago. On private servers, pug raids for MC, Onyxia, ZG, and AQ20 are common every day occurences. Know what’s also common? “LFM for Onyxia, weapons reserved, rest on GBID”. If people want to run gbid raids, and people want to go on gbid raids, that’s their right, I won’t do it, but to each their own.

The problem is that loot trading in raids makes EVERY non-guild raid gbid.

Please make it so the items can either only be reallocated for master looting, or offer an additional loot option of “Master Looter - No Loot Trading”

2 Likes

My motivation comes directly from NEVER allowing Blizz to think Changes are okay, or that we can compromise. Classic should remain Vanilla.

2 Likes

Exactly this. I’m tired of people saying that loot trading didn’t exist at all. It did, it just required a GM.

6 Likes

Some changes would be in place whether we like it or not. And no amount of us complaining would change it.

Thank you guys so much. You guys are doing amazing work so far! You are earning your subs!

In retail…

Plus, raids that don’t use master looter kind of have it coming.

Granted there’s still a bit of potential there, but it’s significantly lower.

1 Like

Complaining and constructive feedback are different, fam. Interpret my messages as you will, but I have the most respectful intentions possible.

1 Like

Blizzard laid off a large number of support staff. As a result, we are forced to deal with loot trading and right click reporting. I don’t like it at all, but the reality that Blizzard likely no longer has the support staff to handle vanilla’s volume of tickets can’t be ignored. At least Blizzard is willing to compromise.

This is just a slippery slope to future “changes” of Classic. This only benefits Blizzard because they don’t want to deal with tickets. What else will change for Classic because it will make Blizzard’s job easier at the expense of the fans?

3 Likes

I 110% understand and empathize. However a great way to solve this problem, is to tell people that GM-assisted loot trading won’t be available, so if you make a mistake, you’re SOL.

Well the 1.12 AV implementation is another example of that, let’s pretend this small indie developer doesn’t have the time, money, or know how to recreate assets from 1999- 2006.

This guy gets it.
#NoChanges

2 Likes

This is insanely stupid. Running a dungeon solo with loot trading and a premade group of four d-bags is no different than doing the same without loot trading. They still have to roll to grab the gear, and if Master Loot is set then at least with loot trading you have a chance of one group member going rogue and giving the gear away after receiving it. The only thing I could see is if all four roll in everything, but group loot didn’t allow gear that was rolled “need” to be traded, so I fail to see any problem with allowing non-raid gear to be traded.

If loot trading is such an abusable system, then why is it still good for BfA? Personal loot is essentially just group loot with the rolling done automatically, so it should be the same.

That’s my preferred solution. However, Blizzard is still a “liberal” company, so straight up telling its customers “No, we are not going to help you in a matter we have always provided assistance on” is not going to happen.

No worries friend, i refuse to Tank for anyone who has “reserved” or “i’m master Looter” in their Trade Chat tells. Hope other Tanks and Healers take said approach as well.

5 Likes

Thanks for listening to feedback about potential abuses of the system.

I wish the live team was as accountable/responsive to feedback. Then maybe I would not have unsubbed.

I agree with this. There’s no need for all that endless work with tickets and having GMs swapping loot around. Same end result is correct. Thank you.

1 Like

Then allow it to come back during later phases of the Classic rollout as a fair compromise. This will keep dead realms afloat for the PvP scene if population starts dying but people don’t want to re-roll on another server but allow people to get the “vanilla” experience by having server only BGs at the start of release to make sure that people have time to build their communities.

That being said, this post is an excellent choice. Small QoL change to make raiding a little easier to deal with that won’t affect the majority of the game in any way, excellent choice.

Well, the Classic team listens, at least.