Loot Trading in Classic *updated*

While I still would prefer loot trading not be in the game at all this is a compromise I am willing to make. Thank you for removing loot trading from 5 mans.

Classic is being treated so much better then retail right now, its like theres two entirely different dev teams.

The people playing BFA are not the same ones playing Classic. Trust me it is a very different type of player and a good bit of them left this game after Wrath and Cata. A lot left after TBC when the game showed any signs of seriously changing from Vanilla.

This is a compromise between the simple fact that their game masters are going to get BOMBARDED with tickets to resolve loot issues.

Anyone who says no changes I better NEVER see you cry how long it takes to answer a GM ticket.

1 Like

That’s because there are. Brack said at BlizzCon that they hired people specifically for this.

1 Like

Thank you for listening to us and also thank you for the honest answer. The middle ground here is more than appreciated and the communication is spot on.

My feedback for the devs is thank you.

(P.S. - Korak needs a spot in Classic, if only for a short period.)

That’s because there is two entirely different dev teams, and the Classic project according to Blizzard is a passion project.

That more or less means that they aren’t expecting it to perform financially to the tune of making tens of millions of dollars. They’re likely doing it because A. They want to and they convinced the higher ups they can make a little money and B. Potentially to protect themselves from a certain law being talked about involving the abandonment of games.

I wish loot trading was not a thing in Classic, I would have preferred that soulbound loot be soulbound and not trade-able in any way even by a GM.

Further more it makes no sense that there is a 2 hour window in which to trade these items. If the issue you are trying to solve is the one is the you have mentioned I cant see why the window of time would need to be longer then a couple of minutes.

I am not looking forward to the announcement where we will hear about how sharding will be put in to Classic.

I am also not looking forward to the announcement where we hear about how sharding will be “needed” in other areas of Classic at a later time then you originally planed.

/thumbs down on this news

2 Likes

I know right? Who would have imagined 2 blue posts in the same week?

Man, this is awesome. I was not looking forward to pugging 5 mans with loot trading at all. Thank you very much! :grinning:

Wait…

I think you’re getting exactly what you asked for.

Thank you! Both for the update and for the solution that addresses concerns in a good way.

Still disappointed about the other two things we’ve heard this week but at least it wasn’t all bad :slight_smile:

Very nice, not complete removal but it does clear up the major issue with it

Great news!

A compromise I can get behind. +1

Thank you for the good decision.

but

This deserves a followup.

Cool. May want to update the OP to reflect that.

3 Likes

I think it’s a good idea to add this info to the top post for manny won’t see it.

Are you guys gonna prevent shaman gear from dropping on alliance, paladin on horde etc?

A very fair compromise. Thank you Blizzard.

The fact that UBRS isn’t considered a raid in this regard doesn’t bother me very much. UBRS was always a haven for ninjas and loot rigging anyway, so loot trading really doesn’t matter here IMO. Would also be a decent way for low-level guilds to make a decent amount of golds by selling runs and reserves to fresh 60s. Spot on Blizzard. You’re getting it. You’re really getting it.

1 Like

I don’t understand why Blizzard needs to take action against anything you’ve just said. Do you lack the agency and social know-how to deal with these situations on your own?

Reserved gear in runs? Don’t join the group, make your own instead. Or better yet, run it with your guild! If you reserve a piece of gear and it gets ninja’d you’re at fault for not switching to master looter for the boss fight.

MMORPGs allow people to play the game the way they want to play, and if that includes being a butthole and ninja’ing gear then so be it. Some people like to RP the bad guy. Maybe instead of absolving yourself of any responsibility you should take more precaution with the kind of people you trust.

The community can handle these issues just fine on their own without Daddy Blizzard needing to come in to help children who can’t figure these things out themselves.

3 Likes