Loot system sucks

Hi Blizz,

This is a rant, if you don’t like it then scroll right on by. Your loot system sucks for endgame. Hear me out on this. If I want a specific piece of loot it’s practically impossible to target it like when we had tokens. We get the vault, and that’s fine, but it doesn’t specifically target the loot that I want. I’ve been trying to get the dagger that drops off of sylvanas. I’ve farmed it for weeks straight but it hasn’t shown up in my loot box or dropped from the boss. Now don’t get me wrong, I can understand it not dropping right away, but i’ve killed sylvanas 9 times so far and i haven’t seen it drops once?? And it hasn’t dropped in my chest?? Like what’s the point of loot if there is a close to zero chance of me getting it. Please bring back tokens so I can target specific gear as opposed to getting stuff i don’t need from the vault.

4 Likes

You’re right. And I’m glad you understand that’s how things are.
My “I’ll never get this to drop” moment was farming for the Scale from DOS, I was lucky enough to have someone give it to me when it dropped for them. Both seasons now ha.

Unfortunately, it’s still a waiting game and will be until tokens come back, which I don’t think they will. Your next best option is begging for a melee class that can use daggers to give it to you. It sucks, but it isn’t impossible!

1 Like

This is completely intended. You cannot target loot anymore, it’s all rng. Obviously their hope is that this inflates time played.

Hard to see them moving off of this.

Back when you could target loot people would race through the content, get all their BIS in short order (compared to today) and then be left with nothing to do. The screaming about “content drought” was non-stop in the forums. Bliz could not get content out at anything near the pace it was being consumed.

Either come to terms with this simple reality or be perpetually unhappy for as long as you continue to play.

1 Like

You can still add a grindy system that takes a long time to target a particular item… 1 item per 7 weeks isn’t going to have that problem.

But its nice to have some form of bad luck protection so you’re not 5 weeks from 9.2 still wearing a helm from normal…

I’d add seals of fate back in, as the default reward from great vault.

Even better would be a new currency (also the non-item choice from vault) you can assign to a loot table to increase your odds of a particular item dropping for you, which stack, and then are consumed if you get it.

So you have what, ~25% chance of getting any loot from a boss? And then if something drops, usually 33% or 50% of it being the item you’re after. This system would manipulate the later odds, so you don’t see more loot, but more likely to get what you need.

And it solves the disappointment of “wasted” GV rewards, because that currency would always be useful.

Here is the issue i’m having. At what point are you making the chances of getting a specific item unattainable. I’ll put this example out for you. I’ve been farming the daggers from Sylvanas from the time I joined the guild that i’m in, which is over 3 months ago. I have 15 kills logged on Sylvanas on heroic difficulty. At what point is this dagger statistically impossible to get? The frustration I feel on a weekly basis is infuriating. And the thing is that I keep doing the content. I keep doing heroic and making sure my kills are maxed for my vault so that i can have a chance at the dagger. I haven’t seen it drop once. The loot system in this game sucks for the end game. Please make this better because it’s making me not want to play this game anymore. Loot coins made it a lot easier to target the loot that i wanted and wouldn’t mind a return to this system.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more! The way this loot system is in game is trash! It has been 3 weeks since the new raid opened up and I’ve literally gotten one piece of gear across 2 characters. And do not even get me started on how terrible the vault is. There needs to be some drastic changes or this will drive people away from the game. I’m already feeling like quitting after only 3 weeks.

As an aside, Blizzard has never supported players targeting gear and has largely been pretty salty about the idea of “BiS” in general. Blizzard has always been about the RNG.

That said, Blizzard’s RNG is breathtakingly lackluster and lacks nuance. Because at the end of the day, it is still pure RNG for each time you kill that boss. So while statistically, the chances of you getting the same drop each week should decrease, at the end of the day, at that moment, you still are subject to the absolute %drop listed in the loot table.

What Blizzard needs to build into their RNG is a soft layer of “bad luck protection” in which it calculates how often a specific item drops and simply modifies the chances that something else on that loot table for you drops instead once you pass a threshold.

1 Like