Loosing interest, help?

The current state of PVE and PVP in Shadowlands has started making me log on less and less. I want to try getting back into RP but I don’t have a consistent schedule due to school and work so a guild isn’t really viable. Not sure what to do.

It’s perfectly okay to just take a break - the game will be here!

4 Likes

Very understandable, especially in pvp. Seems like alliance can’t win anything except for maybe an alterac valley, but it’s probably 20:80 for horde.

:confused:

If you haven’t already, try running some arenas. It’s quite fun, for now I’ve been mostly running skirmishes so the chances of you going against a 34k health with a 20k health on your group is quite high, it still is fun and you don’t have to rely on a big team.

I second Taggart up above. It’s alright to take a break! In fact, outside of RP and my weekly Chorelist, I’m playing a single-player game, and writing so I can keep the burn out from hitting me hard like it did at the end of BfA. If you have nothing keeping you in the game when your time runs out take a week-long break.

If you really want to - or have to - stay in the game though, then I recommend just cutting back! With RP, you say you don’t have a consistent schedule and that’s perfectly alright. You don’t need a guild to Roleplay. Walkup RP in Stormwind / Orgrimmar, and an RP partner or two to develop something with is all you need, and there are plenty of guilds out there that are understanding of your schedule that would be willing to have you if you wanted a place to hang out in Discord.

All in all though good luck and hope to see you around!

4 Likes

Interesting. I have a different experience. I’d say at the very worst it’s 50:50. In epic BGs it feels more 70:30. People seem to always talk about Alli sucking at BGs, but I don’t share this experience.

Make a character/bring back a character. Don’t get involved with anything long term unless you find someone who is flexible with your schedule. Just spend time developing your character. Gameplay comes and goes with your interest but building character is never a bad thing.

Don’t get involved with anything long term unless you find someone who is flexible with your schedule. Just spend time developing your character.

There’s plenty of RP you can find that doesn’t require you to be on all day long / even if you have a busy schedule. I second this! Just make a character and explore their interactions with folk in the city. Maybe you’ll find people who have complimentary schedules to you to RP with.

2 Likes