Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

You would be surprised.

You’re still assuming that it will start at the same price as other mounts on the BMAH. They don’t want this to become too “common” so I wouldn’t get my hopes up on this starting below 5 million.

2 Likes

Then they need to release a version without the AH vendor on it. It’s a unique model, which I’m sure is why some people like it and want it.

Blizzard needs to stop treating us like idiots though, because we all know the amount of people in major cities – or anywhere in the world, really – is actually an illusion created by CRZ (which people have hated since its inception).

Regardless, giving people no notice, having the players find out via data-mining, is such scumming business practice in and of itself. Blizzard should be ashamed.

8 Likes

For the AH I just use my garrison so taking this mount away to ‘force’ me into going to a major city just won’t work. Also my main is a mage so even if I can’t go to my garrison I just go to Ironforge instead of Stormwind since it is easier to navigate and is less crowded. So if this is their reasoning it fails.

They said that it was ‘going extinct’ because it was a dinosaur. The vendor that sell this mount sells a dinosaur pet and another dinosaur mount. This reasoning is false.

They are now saying it is to keep the mount rare but all the other gold sink mounts in the game are still there. And the spider is still very rarely seen so why would this mount not be removed to keep it rare and special? This reasoning doesn’t seem to hold up either.

I’m like a lot of players I currently have about half of what I would need for the mount and was slowly saving for it in the future. Who cares if I would have gotten it in several years? By that point there will be another, or even several other, exclusive mounts that I don’t have.

TL/DR The arguments they are giving for the removal of this mount don’t seem to hold up. Keep the mount how it is please.

18 Likes

Fair enough

I think a herd of Brutosaurs would look amazing

3 Likes

I can respect that

To be fair, it’s nearly a year of notice lol

1 Like

Notice they didn’t give us. We found out and they confirmed.

16 Likes

Classic Blizz. Put something in the game, then later remove it once they realise whats gonna happen once players actually use it. It’s the flying fiasco all over again.

8 Likes

That’s because the messenger is relaying. The owner of the decision probably got upset that some tool was sitting on a quest giver with their long boi mount and decided that it must be removed!

Regardless of the real reasoning why it must be removed… it’s a crappy decision and I want to see Blizzard reverse it. This whole expansion has been filled with miscommunication, poor execution, and a general sourness (definitely on my part) about how Blizzard treats their community.

Come on Blizzard, do the right thing here and reverse the decision to remove the mount.

14 Likes

We are mindless sheep giving them money when they make decisions for cash grab like this.

You can either realize that or believe in “They know what they’re doing”

That is the scary part. If they know what they are doing, they have decided the short term gain in token sales will be more profitable than the recurring revenue of people who might play for years with the goal of getting the brutosaur.

They must have no faith in Shadowlands or the future of WoW in general and if they don’t why should we?

8 Likes

That’s fairly typical for removals like this. Unfortunately, being able to shoot down their paper-thin reasoning for what they do doesn’t convince them to change their minds, and the forums are full of people willing to back anything Blizzard does.

13 Likes

I’d hate to think of myself as a mindless sheep being exploited out of my money by a company, I’d immediately stop giving them my time and money. If you feel this way then why do you continue to condone this type of behavior and pay them with your time and money?

2 Likes

i actually agree with the logic of this post but one key thing remains. why did data mining need to be the source of any of this information? for a company that keeps promising to talk to us, you never talk to us unless one of two conditions are met. first, it’s happy news like the patch reveal videos. second, you get caught doing something the player base doesn’t like and then you say something.

it’s getting really old. i keep asking myself does no one at blizz understand that google has a free method of sharing files? it’s not hard for each part of the design team to write up what they got done or are doing to their own section of a google doc. then it’s literally copy/paste easy.

1 Like

Yeahhhh…that’s never going to happen, nor would I expect it to. There is a massive difference between better communication and writing up a daily report for people that they don’t even answer to.

2 Likes

True, but this should have been announced at the start of the expac, or at the very least, when the choice was made if it was made after that. Instead it took someone noticing something on the ptr for them to even say anything.

8 Likes

While I have zero interest in this mount, the thought that Blizzard has done things like this in the past is a poor excuse. Prior ineptitude should not be reasoning for future ineptitude.

The AH part of it is just an excuse frankly, and easily solved by just removing the functionality from the mount like they have done prior. If the AH part of it is in fact the problem then why would you allow the problem to persist into the future?

Then you get to the fact that if it wasn’t for data mining it appears that nothing at all would have been said to the player base. At best the player base would have been told at a later time, probably at which point it wouldn’t have been obtainable even with some serious effort put in.

9 Likes

I don’t know that it wasn’t planted there to be data mined.