Looks like Blizzard implemented a new anti AFK system?

Okay so as we all know there has been allot of people using macros and third party software to stay in the game to prevent sitting in the quee. Well it looks to me like blizzard has finally countered this by implementing an auto disconnect system based on your time spent in a certain area.

I went to use the restroom and then decided to make some lunch and coffee , took about 30 minutes and when i got back i was disconnected completely. Normally after about 20 minutes you would be thrown back into the character select screen but this was a full DC. So i started to do some testing, after sitting in undercity for about 20 mins i got disconnected instantly. I checked my router and all the internet lingo and its not on my end so I asked in guild if anyone was experiencing this and a guildy actually then said and i quote " My rotating fan does not keep me in the game anymore lol" …

So it looks like blizzard found a way to get rid of the people clogging up the servers with their macros. So thank you blizzard. The quee’s were also smaller today compared to how they normally are so it is working well.

3 Likes

Looks like it requires more actions now then a simple spacebar press.

Time to think of a master plan

Ooooh interesting. This explains why a friend of mine said he got totally kicked from the game when he went to go get food.

Yea i think its based on time spent in an area.

This is good news. A step in the right direction, if true.

4 Likes

sounds good to me. maybe some whiners will be quiet now. doubtful but we can hope?

yeah i alt tabbed to btch at people on facebook and when i looked back I was logged out and back at the end of the line of a 10k queue :expressionless:

2hrs queuing after coming home from work, finally get logged in, have to go put my son down to bed, come back and back at the end of another 2hr queue.

GTFO

Classic is a cool idea that I’d love to enjoy with my friends; but it’s not 15 years ago, and I can’t afford to spend 50% of my work day queuing to play. Not worth it.

2 Likes

Life lessons hit you hard bro :wink: (never alt tab to b!tch about something on Facebook)

1 Like

Reroll dude… other servers don’t have the same issue

I would, but the whole point is playing with your mates, and it’s also the server all my mates rolled on. They don’t have kids, so can go home from work, queue, and play.

Only server I’m NOT having the issue on is the PvE server, where none of my friends play. Just makes for a crap experience overall.

FYI, was fine yesterday, because 30min in-game afk followed by 30min character selection afk - if I got pulled away for a while wasn’t an issue. The change to afk has screwed me.

1 Like

After a bit of inactivity, you get a message that says something like “looks like you’re not doing anything, you will be disconnected soon”, and a countdown timer starts. If you don’t press cancel, you are then dc’d instead of going back to character creation. You can immediately log back in and skip queue if you’re fast, otherwise you get sent to the back of the line. The jumping, buffing, running scripts only delay this a bit. It still happens to them.

The queues are smaller today because people are back to work and school, not because they are booting afkers…

I got DC’d yesterday night while sitting afk in SW. I’d come back every so often and hit use an ability and do a couple of jumps. I got DC’d out fully - not just to character select. So it must be getting smarter!

It was way late though. So, there was no queue to get in.

If you’re going to afk why not just do it at the character select screen?

Accept NOW I cant do any Guild officer stuff with out being booted. I cant spend time in roster or in whispers without being booted. Its a pain in the back side now.