Looking to get into raiding any tips?

havent done any raids outside of LFR since cataclysm and trying to get back into it. I dont really know how good should my gear be for normal raids and starting mythic?
is 10-12k single target dps sufficient?

are there communities out there for beginner raiders to find other beginners to join and try raids out so it’s not so intimidating?

The best thing to do is to find a casual heroic guild. Let them know at the start that you’re new to raiding. Good guilds enjoy teaching you.

For normal you’ll want to be 370+ ilvl. 10-12k is fine for normal. You’ll want to be prepared by looking up the boss fights on youtube and understanding your class (I’d suggest looking up the icyveins guides). You mentioned mythic, too. Mythic is arguably the most challenging content in the game. Sit on that for a while. It’s not something you can just jump into.

3 Likes

I joined a guild prior to season 2 to get back into raiding. What I did was to look at Raider IO for guilds on my server that were doing content at the level I wanted.

Then using slash who I contacted players in those guilds and asked who I should talk to about recruiting.

I then asked if I could ask some questions and of course they are happy to chat with you.

My list of questions were:
What time do you raid?
What is the maturity level of the guild?
Are there opportunities for new raiders?
etc…

Whatever is important to you.

I was in a raiding guild that day, and now I am a solid raid member and one of the top 2 healers in the raid.

1 Like

I’ve made a channel that I’m starting to fill with content focused on helping people improve their raiding ability, understanding logs, using raidbots, etc.

I’ll be making more videos to add to it but one factor that will help you getting into a raid team will be your performance on Warcraft Logs. This is geared for people who want to be more competitive in raiding but learning how to log your fights, even if it is just a normal raid run, will allow you to evaluate your performance compared to other players.

You can also understand what potential damage you could do based on some of the simple tools discussed to really be able to see where you fall in your potential as a player.

As mentioned above, iLVL is a factor in terms of RAW numbers, but your ability to do mechanics in a raid is also something that is potentially even more important.

People are always recruiting in trade chat so sometimes it is just a simple trial and error with different guilds until you find one that is a good fit!

Just join normal pugs and run it until you learn, then ease into heroic pugs. That’s the route I went, then joined my guild when I was ready for mythic. Of course, you can just join a casual raiding guild. Go on wowprog and get in touch with some guilds recruiting.