Looking to come back, what should I expect

There is quite a lot of grinding in pvp atm. And for lower geared players it appears to be kind of miserable, but far from impossible.

1 Like

I hope you manage to find fun in it. Play a random BG or two. Let us know how it goes.

Player turnover has been the highest in the first 6 months of SL than the first 6 months of any other xpac prior. I think you’ll know why after you try to run some PvP.

2 Likes

Cite a source for that.

2 Likes

This is the worst place to ask this question. There aren’t many glass is half full type people here.

2 Likes

Game is great and fun. Regardless of what you see posted here.

3 Likes

Meta is super bursty right now, but a lot of fun, IMO. R sham and E Sham are in good places for RBG, so either one of those choices would be good for you. I don’t know anything about shammy builds to give you covenant advice, but you should have some fun if you don’t get discouraged over the initial push into rated play.

Did you even bother to read that article. Lol.

" World of Warcraft player numbers fell back to normal levels as the excitement around November’s Shadowlands expansion subsided. From November to January, revenue fell by 61% and user numbers declined by 41% (these figures do not include China). This roughly matches the pattern seen for the past several expansions, though Shadowlands had a bigger launch."

I see words like normal and pattern.

1 Like

Are YOU reading it? They say player count rose right before SL launch. Fell back to normal a couple weeks later, and it has fallen dramatically since, every single day.

Read. And BC/Wrath increased in Subs the entire xpac. Cata didn’t lose subs until right before launch of WoD

SL had a bigger launch. Lost 41%, which is the highest percentage of losses in the first 6 months of any xpac prior. Can’t find data on BFA. Biggest launch rise + biggest 6-month fallout = biggest turnover in history.

BFA maybe the only one to compete

3 Likes

Quote that part. Thanks.

Expect to wonder why when you try to join a BG at 60 early why they made it so you will face a variety of unsavory emote spamming fellers with 10-15k more health then you and then if/when you post on here, get told to “git gud” and earn your stripes in the trenches like everyone else did.

2 Likes

What part are you having trouble reading? All of it, it seems. In which case, I already quoted it.

You don’t have evidence that it isn’t a git gud situation. It very well could be.

Maybe you should try rereading and see that this is quite normal.

The trend is normal. The percentages are not.

OP, I’d recommend waiting to see what 9.1 brings in terms of PvP gearing. They talked about bringing back WoD style gearing.

2 Likes

Big fall after big rise. Eh expected, Blizzard seems to think so based on the conference call. The trend is the most important thing to follow, I don’t see anything out of the ordinary.

Largest %-based turnover in history means the largest % of players have been disappointed with the game, in some way. There is no other way to spin that. Incoming and returning players are just simply not staying.

You have no evidence to suggest to know players reasoning for leaving. That is just wrong.

Why would they leave if they are enjoying the game? Logic dictates.

I’m done hijacking OP’s thread. Say what you want. I don’t think people are enjoying PvP or the game in general, very much. Just an opinion, but there are anecdotal stats to support it, is all.

1 Like