Looking for missing links in BfA's plot

I started BfA about two months ago and tried to follow the Horde plot more or less chronologically. Right now, the most jarring missing link is what happens after I bring Xal’atath to Sylvanas and before the chase movie that sends our fleets plumetting down into Nazjatar. Any pointers?

Second missing link is what precedes the Mechagon unlock. I did the unlock, but I never got to see how it fits in the main plot. Tips?

Where I am in other plotlines:

• War campaign: on eve of assaulting Orgrimmar with Saurfang
  • Vol’jin: brought his remains to Zuldazar, but did not do procession yet.
  • Talanji: saw her crowned and officially join the Horde. Saw Vol’jin’s cameo.
  • Magni: gathered three essences and upgraded two of them.

There isn’t any story between giving Xal’athath to Sylvanas and the Naz’jatar opening. A lot of the plot for horde revolves around our characters not knowing what Sylvanas is really up to. You’re supposed to be in the dark on what happened between those events. I think that there may be more that we learn later, but it’s tied to the N’zoth raid, which I haven’t done, so I’m not sure how much is there. (Or if I’m remembering data-mined stuff that may or may not actually be in game.)

Mechagon is a side plot not directly related to the main one. Horde-side, it’s main importance is to showcase Gazlowe a bit, as a contrast to Gallywix.

Thanks, that clarifies some things. What still really jars me is the cinematic leading into Nazjatar. The Alliance fleet is chasing Blightcaller’s ship, the one our characters are on. At what point does that happen? I did the last part of the Battle of Dazar’Alor and I remember Blightcaller being there when facing off with Mekkatorque. We were the ones chasing Alliance, not the other way around.

It happens a bit after Dazar’Alor. Basically, that dagger you found for Sylvanas helps her hatch a new plan, and she sends the Horde out to the Great Sea. (We didn’t know what her plan was at this point.) The Alliance gets wind of this, and figures that Sylvanas can’t be up to any good and chases down the Horde ship. After the crash into Naz’jatar, Nathanos is absolutely useless in letting anyone know what the original plan was, everyone is in survival mode anyhow, and dealing with Azshara becomes the main priority.

The part of the War Campaign where you are ready to help Saurfang assault Orgrimmar happens after all of the events in Naz’jatar and Mechagon.

The N’zoth and Wrathion stuff happens just after the events in Orgrimmar.

When it comes to what Sylvanas is up to, it looks like that will be a major plot point going into Shadowlands.

1 Like

This… this so much… imagine my disappointment when I logged on an ally toon to discover what was really going on and got less information.

Blizz kind of dropped the ball on the 8.2 storyline in my opinion. :frowning: