Looking for insight on easy class

Hey i haven’t pretty much played retail since wrath and was hoping to get back into it. Since i haven’t played in so long after trying a bunch of trial characters im really torn on what to play.

Ill be honest im not very good at the game, having to keep track of many timers or debuffs or too many buttons in a rotation and ill be overwhelmed . Im not looking to do mythic + or anything i just want to play a more forgiving class.

I did like frost mage and frost Dk when i tried them. Is the end game rotation hard for those classes? I think I just like he frost archetype. And i tried hunter cause i heard it was easy but honestly i was kinda confused. I also don’t have a lvl 70 on the server i want to play so DH is kinda out at least until i level up.

I know if im not doing mythic so its not that big a deal, but I dont want to play something too intense i guess is what im trying to get at.

Any input would be highly appreciated on what you guys think is an easy and forgiving class to play.

The biggest difficulty with frost mages is that they aren’t that durable, so out in the world you will need to do some kiting for harder hitting stuff. (Most normal stuff can be face tanked, though.)

Easy and hard can be a bit relative depending on what you want to do and how your brain works. BM hunters are considered easy in large part because you get the advantages of being at range while being able to execute your full rotation while moving. That makes them easier in a lot of content as you don’t have to plan your rotation around movement. But it does involve watching a couple of short cooldown rotational abilities and some resource management, which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Frost mages, on the other hand, are more about managing procs. Personally, I find proc based specs easier than cooldown ones, but plenty of people feel the exact opposite. So, as I said, easy and hard can be very personal.

As frost DK is on your possible list, you might want to level a DK up to 70 to unlock Demon Hunters. (With the double XP buff, if shouldn’t take long.) You get a taste for DKs, and then you can run through the Demon Hunter starting area to get a feel for that class. Once the pre-patch hits Demon Hunters will start at 10, getting one through the starting experience now saves you some leveling if you want one later.

Paladin was designed to be easy to play, and you can also do all three roles.