Looking for co-leaders for a 4-raid team "system" [A]

I think many adults want to clear the raid content but not raid 15+ hours/week every week.

My idea is to create a system of four raid teams, one for each week per month. Each week would have its own roster, but players that wanted to play more than one week per month would be allowed (and encouraged) to be on more than one roster. Main tanks would probably be required to play at least 3 and preferably all 4 weeks.

There’s a lot of advantages, noticeably that it would spread out the work quite a bit for organization, farming and recruiting. Weeks off would also massively reduce burn out. The larger roster of the “system” would also give us more qualified players for replacements if people have to miss a night.

If the idea resonates I think we’d have an advantage in recruiting, as offering a reduced time commitment isn’t something many guilds do. Although this detail is TBA, we could also have different start times each week to appeal to players on the East Coast, Flyover States (I can say that I’m from MN), and West Coast.

I don’t want a casual guild. I want people with previous hardcore raid experience, nearly perfect attendance (for the times they’ve chosen), and people that can play for a block of 3-4 hours with a ~5 minute break in the middle. Raids with twelve impromptu smoke breaks, 10-minute meetings of the loot council after every boss, and some dude not using push-to-talk with his fire alarm beeping because he didn’t replace the battery drive me insane. I raid because I enjoy the satisfaction of running a well-oiled machine, not because it’s fun in the sense that getting drunk and playing Mario Kart is fun. And drunk Mario Kart is amazing fun…but it’s not what I want when raiding!

Obviously a lot of details would have to be hammered out, with loot being the first one. (FYI I don’t think loot council is a good fit for new guilds, and the only way I would run it is if everything was worked out in advance.)

Feel free to post here or mail me if this sounds intriguing or if you’re leadership in a zerg guild that will have multiple raid teams.

Cayli, the human female cursed by the evil wizard Minmax in to being a dwarf male

P.S. The guild I’m currently in doesn’t know anything about this, they happened to have the same name as my old guild in vanilla and I couldn’t possibly resist their /ginvite.