Lookin for dance macro

I keep seeing guides and videos saying to use dance macro…but the few ive tried dont seem to work right? not sure if im just typing it wrong.

There also seems to be like six different ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

What purpose do you want the dance macro to do? You probably want to do most of your skills manually. I guess if you really want, you can use a shadow dance symbols of death macro to make both instant together so you don’t waste time hitting 3 skills at once. But that’s as far as I’d recommend. There are times that you don’t want to use those 2 skills together tho since symbol has an energy boost component to it that you don’t want to waste.

1 Like

I am not really sure, im new to rogue. I just have been watching guides etc. from people like pikaboo whos rotation includes a dance macro.

Not exactly sure what it entails, the one I did find combines cold blood/blades/trinket/symbols/shadowstrike.

Its not really a one shot macro that I see some people asking for/using. It is more of a quicker way to set up. I still will manually cheap shot, covenant, re cheaps, etc. Maybe a burst macro is a better term?

Well, that does change a lot since you want it for pvp. Just put a bunch of cds into one button so you don’t need to trinket cold blood dance with symbol and shadow blades all at the same time. You choose how many of those you want to combine into 1 macro. You may even want to separate those skills into 2 macros. Depends on your comfort. Just like pve, there are times you don’t want to pop everything at once.

It’s not really good design, but in order to maximize your opener, you kinda need to hit like 5 buttons all at once, which is difficult unless you macro.

1 Like

Think you could throw me a few macros that would help within an opener? I guess that is my biggest concern is making sure I have everything solid for an opener…and not leaving a gap in my stuns (which i cant macro xD)

From what I gathered my opener (god willing the setup is done well) looks like:

Shadow blades/Cold blood -
Cheap Shot -
Dance Macro - <----- this is the part I mean when watching guides
Shadowstrike -
Eviscerate -
Marked for Death -
Eviscerate -
Cheap Shot -
Shadowstrike -
Cheap Shot -
Eviscerate

For your first step before cheap shot
/cast Shadow Blades
/cast Cold Blood

For your third step after cheap shot, use
/cast Shadow Dance
/cast Symbols of Death
/use 13
/use 14

The last 2 /use are your damage trinket slots depending on slot. Use one of them only. If you don’t have them, then ignore. Don’t macro your pvp medallion by accident.

Alternatively, you can just use shadow blades and cheap shot without macro, but macro cold blood to the dance macro. That way, you only need to press the dance macro to activate cold blood whenever it’s available. It may sometimes be better because some people trinket cheap shot early.

/cast Shadow Dance
/cast Symbols of Death
/cast Cold Blood
/use 13
/use 14

If you don’t macro Shadow Dance, at your third step, you’d still have Subterfuge, which prevents you from using dance (yea it’s weird). But if you macro dance and symbols, the game will let you. I’m assuming you’re using this opener because you got the MA legendary, yes? Otherwise, there’s less reason to override subterfuge with dance immediately unless you really want that bonus damage of dance.

1 Like

Macro I personalty use on my rogue:

—Shadow Dance/Stealth/Symbol of Death macro:
#showtooltip [nocombat,stance:0] Stealth; [stance:1/2/3] Shadow Dance; Shadow Dance
/cast [nocombat] Stealth
/cast [combat] Symbols of Death
/cast [combat] Shadow Dance

—Stun Macro (useful if you’re not using those in your stealth bar):
#showtooltip [nocombat,stance:2] Cheap Shot; [stance:1/2] Cheap Shot; Kidney Shot
/cast [nocombat] Cheap Shot
/cast [stance:2] Cheap Shot
/cast [combat, nostealth] Kidney Shot

—Pickpocket macro:
#showtooltip Pick Pocket
/console targetNearestDistance 5
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast Pick Pocket
/cleartarget

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the replies.

So with that first macro it would replace my stealth button and double as a macro for symbols/dance?

Keep in mind, there maybe times you want to open with kidney shot rather than cheap shot. That’ll be situational tho.

Thank you for the info!

The second one seems spot on for what I was looking for. So with that it would essentially be for an opener:

Shadow blades -
Cheap Shot -
Your macro -
Shadowstrike -
Eviscerate -
Marked for Death -
Eviscerate -
Cheap Shot -
Shadowstrike -
Cheap Shot -
Eviscerate -

Or would I cheap shot sooner since cold blood is being activated after the fact?

Regarding your comment about opening with kidney, I assume it’d marked for death/kidney for a full stun?

1 Like