Logging in to browser based services. Authenticator page just refreshes

Hello,

So I have an interesting issue I am working through and have been dealing with for a month or so. When I go to log into a blizzard page such as battle.net or the wow forums the authenticator page comes up, I get the notification on my authenticator, but the webpage then just shows the login screen again. I have tried in multiple browsers, an I suspect a commuter issue but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this before.

Thanks

Ato

82 Likes

I haven’t seen any reports of this lately, on the forums or other social media channels that we watch. How were you able to sign into the forums to post? Did it not prompt you for your authenticator here?

4 Likes

I had to remove my authenticator and re add the authenticator to login to my Bnet account and to the forums (the forums will keep me logged in after the authenticator add).

I do have a small update It seems the problem is with Chrome and Edge. Firefox is not exhibiting this problem.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Interesting. I use Chrome as well for work, and haven’t encountered this when signing in to my accounts.

I’d start by checking if there are any updates available for your Chrome browser and disable any extensions you might have installed on Chrome.

4 Likes

It looks like the crypto wallet Extension “Metamask” is causing some issues with the authenticator login on Bnet. I disabled my extensions one by one and it worked until Metamask was re-enabled. Thats a very strange interaction.

For reference Metamask is a mainstream crypto wallet that is browser based in Chromium browsers.

Welp thats interesting but at least I have found a fix. Ill submit the bug to the extension devs.

Thanks so much for your help Kalviery!

49 Likes

No problem! I’m glad you were able to identify which extension was causing it :slight_smile: Have a great day!

4 Likes

Had exactly the same issue, thanks a lot of identifying it!

3 Likes

I was having this issue too. However, I was using both Metamask & Tronlink and disabling Metamask didn’t help for me… however disabling Tronlink did help. Thanks for posting about this issue!

2 Likes

Same issue, disabling Metamask worked.
Thank you for the suggestion!

2 Likes

Just had this exact issue disabling metamask did indeed fix the issue for me THANKS!

2 Likes

Had this problem as well. It was indeed metamask.
Instead of disabling metamask, another option is to right click goto “This can read and change site data” and select “When you click the extension”. This is also alot safer for your general usage of metamask.

34 Likes

Actually I have the same problem. Though I can login in incognito mode, I cant login outside incognito in any browser

EDIT: Metamask solved it too

2 Likes

can confirm, metamask also was causing me issues.

1 Like

Ugh, I was having this same issue. Disabling the metamask chrome extension fixed the problem. Thank you!

1 Like

You are a life saver! I reached out to Blizzard and even they couldn’t help me with this! I allowed me to log in on both Chrome and Microsoft Edge now after changing my Metamask!

1 Like

Can confirm removing Metamask extension fixed this for Chrome for me.

I’m going to go ahead and close this topic. It seems folks keep finding it through searches, which is great! But we don’t need it bumped each time :slight_smile:

8 Likes