Logged in after a few years, 2 characters have been wiped

I came back to WoW for TBC Classic, while that experience has been so much fun so far. I logged back into Live WoW to get some macro layouts off my main and ended up going through all my characters on a nostalgia trip, and I mean all of them. My Death Knight(Opuim) and Warlock(Ðane) both on Shattered Hand had their inventories wiped, all gold gone, and equipped gear deleted. All bags remained, anything in their banks was still there but everything else vanished. It obviously wasn’t my account being compromised as all of my other characters were unaffected. I’ve already gone through most of the motions to see if I could get my gear back through the self-service options such as item restoration, hard UI resets, and even looking those toons up on the character search function shows their gear being wiped so I’m confident this is on blizzards end. I’m hoping for someone to be able to look into my account to see if there is anything that can be restored such as gold or even gear, before trying to do a character delete then restoration, which worked for my brother when he had something similar happen during BFA. I appreciate any feedback from Blizzard or the community. This sucks as I was going to actually level up my DK as my new main for shadowlands 9.1 on the live service.

Thanks for reading,
Quillan

Uh, characters are not deleted or wiped unless someone who has access to the account chooses to delete them.

You will need to submit a ticket with the request as there are no GM’s on the forums - however character restoration is extremely time sensitive. Logs are only kept for X amount of time before being purged.

5 Likes

I figured that would be the case, Thanks. Prolly have to AH some gear. Even though the gear wipe was something i’m positive was an unintentional event that happened on blizzards end.

You should try submitting a ticket. Just because everyone wasn’t wiped doesn’t mean that your account wasn’t compromised at some point. Even if there isn’t anything they can do, you’re no worse off.

4 Likes

There has been a bug where it appears that your items are gone, but they are indeed still there (just not showing).

First, you can try doing a full UI reset to see if that helps.

Another option is to delete the character and then restore them to see if that makes their items visible.

Regardless, please do file a bug report about it as this has been a very hard bug to track down its exact cause.

5 Likes

Keep in mind if you try this to only do it on one if you want to be playing them for the next 7 days as you can only restore a character every 7 days. Just pointing that out since 2 of your toons have the issue

7 Likes