Takes about 5 min but I finally got to see my chars, try to log in and get most of the way through the load and get disconnected now lol

1 Like

My char screen showed up after I waited for a bit with it blank. So logging in and out didnt help just patience.

Although a bit pessimistic I think the servers should be upgraded to handle this. Especially come Shadowlands since there’s a precedent of how big the demand will be.

I get its busy but why not show us the wait list? If traffic is the issue then shouldn’t I be able to log-in and wait my turn as typical with full servers?

Able to get into the server, but when i try to log in just get “Character not found” over and over and over, cant create a new character, and none of the allied races are showing up.

I apologize the post that I started this indicated it was simple traffic, which was what we thought it was originally. I’ll update that to avoid confusion.

To be clear, the servers are upgraded to handle the traffic. There are issues at play, which is being looked into.

4 Likes

Question: Don’t we all pay to play the game??? Why is it that some of us suffer the lack of infrastructure… I mean, Blizzard, you’re very aware at how many of us play - it kind of lines your pockets…
Just A Thought…

Please don’t apologize. Nobody can properly estimate the amount of traffic Shadowlands has. I myself didn’t think it would be this big.

I appreciate you taking the initiative to communicate these issues and responding to individuals commentary and technical issues.

2 Likes

Have fun storming the Castle…

dude, this game is huge in so many ways, its not like “make it ready to play now” and BOOM done

1 Like

switch from stormrage to a hordie alt realm, now switched back to stormrage, now my horde character names are showing up

can confirm waiting a moment loaded all chars on Tichondrius

edit: with gfx out of date

So if this crash is related to the level squish and making everyone’s character a lower level, could it be that the new information and the huge amount of players logging in is creating an overload greater than originally anticipated? Could we all be patient? Its not like this has ever been done before…

1 Like

also after logging in, after waiting for the black screen and logging in with a character, it fails and says “character not found”

2 Likes

Was in game earlier on one toon, now all are “Character Not Found” after fighting the Connecting to server boss.

2 Likes

haha “fighting connection to server boss”

I’m on Bleeding Hollow. Any character i try to log into say “Character not found” I’ve disabled my addon but still loads to a point then stops and propts that character not found message.

1 Like

Meanwhile at Blizzard Servers, Murlocs are running around screaming in panic as everything around them is on fire. Several are cowering under a desk rocking back and forth. Others are standing still arms in the air vibrating.

1 Like

Any time I do successfully to the character screen and attempt to log in, I am met with “character not found”.

Also, despite having 9/10 allied races unlocked before prepatch I now can’t select any on the character creation screen.

1 Like

I figured it would take this long and such. I’ve been playing wow for a very long time and I think it’s just part of it at this point on pre-patch or even xpac day. I’m very curious to see how the leveling works. as well as @Alleria I am on the same server and having the same issues. It’s just a loading problem right now.