Lockups since 8.3.7 - Nvidia GPUs (Windows Thread)

idk what to do about it… i cant even do dungeons with high amounts of mobs because my rtx 2060 cant handle it… It’s so frustrating…my screen just locks up every 2 seconds or so… really makes me want to give up on this game… i play games that require much more GPU power and i have no issues… but it cant handle 2004 graphics

Any information at all blizzard on this thread YOU created? Been over 3 months now…

2 Likes

So, this only started today, but after logging in (every time, on any character, no matter where I am) WoW will freeze momentarily after a few seconds, for about 10 seconds. Then the game continues to play as normal, with no abnormal FPS drops.

I’m not sure if this is related to this same issue, but I do have a GTX 1070. Haven’t had this issue at all before today.

this problem started last night. doesnt crash the system but does crash the wow client. had 3 crashes over the course of an hour or so. after reading over the thread, one thing stands out - it seems to be related to how the mouse interacts with the game.

for example, people have said it happens when clicking to open some feature, when clicking to login, when clicking to portal or when a pop-up needs to be generated that would normally require a click to generate. since its not the amount of content but the flurry of mouse related activity, i think the culprit is the mouse.
the new nvidia driver is not working with mouse for some feature in wow, specifically, since its working fine with other games.

I’m getting exactly the same issue with an AMD card. Hard crashes where my PC completely resets, only in WOW. I have *.dmp files in minidump that describe the driver crashes and memory address failures.

I’m having a very similar issue … the game will freeze, then after a few seconds, it comes back to life and I’m able to proceed. I have not had any system crashes, just this very irritating forced pause in my playing. Sooner or later it will prove fatal to my character, but so far, the freezes have happened in non danger zones.

I play on an 2019 27-inch iMac with a Radeon Pro Vega 48 graphics with 8 GB of Ram. My Mac has a 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, with 64 GB of Ram. I also use this machine to play Wow Classic. No problems at all with Classic, just retail.

I have seen other posts like ours over the past number of months. Hopefully, Blizzard is on the case and a fix is in the works.

Im having the same issue but mine runs fine somedays and others like when i was on heroic nzoth, everything was fine at the beginning then combat froze entirely for me; but i could still type and see my words and see other peoples words. Then after they killed him it took a min to load and kind of fast forwarded and i was dead. This just happened once again while i was in stormwind just flying around itll freeze up and i can still move etc but cant dismount or do anything. This only started happening maybe a week ago though and ive been playing just fine before that.

Okay so after installing old drivers for Nvidia & reinstalling drivers newest one i have been getting no issues.

I also did a memory ram test diag from windows.

1 Like
  1. No
  2. No
  3. No
  4. No
    I’m dealing with this problem for too much time, everything is normal until i hit Raids o Horrorific scenario, wasted like 4 vessels now and can’t raid for this problem.

I did this after reading this and so far so good. I installed the 441.41 drivers, then because it was still happening installed 445.75 (latest) WITHOUT doing a clean install and haven’t had a problem since. I will keep posted on whether it comes back or not. I also disabled intel speed step and some other settings in the BIOS that had anything to do with automatic speed controlling. I have a Dell G7 with a GTX 1060 max Q.

https://pastebin.com/U9SjiiT9

you might be better off posting on a different thread – this is for nvidia/windows issues

I removed that 6 year old starter account and it still does the same thing asking me to subscribe again!!!

This is exact thing i did Solved It Even tho I did notice a freeze other day but its not constant like before.

Install 441 Drivers, even if you have 445 drivers, then after installnig 441 drivers update to 445 seems to made my system run much better , no clean install.

Yesterday i updated my Nvidia drivers also a update came out.

Any more feedback on the 441.41 drivers? Have we found the golden driver that will solve the problem (who knows how but it works?!)

445.87 works

The reviews on that driver are fairly inconclusive in their own forums. Is the new driver playing well with wow for anybody else?

A lot of users have endorsed 442.50. Any exp with this driver anybody?

I just downloaded the newest one a couple of days ago and my WoW crashed twice while trying to get through my characters, just logging them in and hanging out for a little bit each. So I rolled back to 442.74. It’s the best driver for me. No crashes and no lag.
Seems to log in normally and have everything rendered in the world within just one second, so I’m happy. I’ll stick with it until the conflict with drivers is fixed.

1 Like

I still with the same problem. Last week my computer was fine, but this week the problems returned.

Sad about this.

1 Like

I haven’t had any of my previous issues for awhile after the suggestion to close out the bnet client when playing the game. Since then all other crashing related issues were with the ddosing. I have updated my drivers since then and I have swapped to the beta client as well but neither of those I would say was the fix. My crashes have just sort of stopped with time. I still suggest closing the client out once you click play as the best solution for anyone still with problems.