Locks REJOICE

UA will not be stacking in SL.

Also, im curious as to whether or not the new Soul Wrack and Malefic Rupture abilities will function similar to Drain Soul/Malefic Grasp when they were both a part of the Afflock toolkit in MoP, but its hard to tell as of right now.

9 Likes

It seemed that way to me when I read it, and that makes me super excited to play affliction again. That amped up drain felt so good.

2 Likes

Fire and Brimstone is getting an upgrade in Shadowlands, as it now generates 2 Soul Shard Fragments for each additional enemy struck by the Warlock’s empowered Incinerate.
Nice to see Curses coming back as well !

Buckle up for more Bolts Ali !

not if it still competes with cata tho

edit: sorry crappy mood today, it needs to not compete with cata to see consistent play, but for you homebrew shard build HELL YEAH

1 Like

Nothing will bump Cata but a better Spell and or Talent. I hope we see major Talent reworks. Destro has a lame set of talents right now.

3 Likes

I’m also very pessimistic about demo and especially destro, the spec I main since ever and basically the only thing I play.

It just saddens me deeply. And I fear we will never ever see an instant cast shadowfury ever again… one of the most stupid changes they did, as long as increasing the CD to 1 min.

5 Likes

Afflic not having Soul Swap has bothered me since it was dropped.
Both the Demon stun/charm and Shadow Fury are lackluster but the Infr drop stun is nice. Shadow Fury Should be an insta-cast and not be just an AOE but a single target spell that jumps from one target to another and you can Havoc.

Did you play around with Blood Horror back in WOD ? LAME ! You hit me, you run away.

1 Like

I’m an extensive destro-only main since I started playing this game in late BC… I’ve got over 726 days /played, I know everything and that’s why I’m immediately bothered when I read these paragraphs, because I know already that they will most likely do nothing to our horrible design.

Warrior gets so much stuff back baseline, we only get curses and yes the circle baseline is nice, but that’s it. Nothing else of matter really.

Mage gets Alter Time back ffs… and I’m happy for everyone, but I can’t be at the same time.

1 Like

All I see are changes that would be great for a big patch but totally underwhelming for a new expansion. Fire and brimstone now generates 2 fragments? Shadowfury larger area? Two additional seeds with soc? Is that it? I mean you can implement those right now on live servers without even downtime.

9 Likes

Curses coming back is nice but its a more of a nostalgia feeling i get.

(Congrast on the 17,424 hours played between two accounts i have 183 days…you have a mind numbing amount logged.)

I would but it seems that the Devs don’t understand that Dark Pact is not an offensive ability, and as Demo, I still don’t have a baseline interrupt.

1 Like

If Cata and Supremacy don’t just become part of the spec then they’ve done something horribly wrong.

would agree on this one, and would allow for 2 new talents to fill in. that said, not likely. remember they want us to have the “choice” of doing damage vs not doing damage and talenting into anything other than gosup.

Yep… that’s why I’m so worried because I just know that our big issues will not be addressed… mainly our talent tree disaster. Shadowfury needs to be instant cast as well… every single thing in our talent tree and PvP talent tree is something we used to have baseline… I mean just look at 15: Why do I have to spec into backdraft, something we always had baseline.

It’s such a slap in the face of any destro main, it’s unreal. I will stay pessimistic until I see some further details…

P.S. The reason why I am on this lvl 10 is because I play on EU, but EU accounts can’t post here because this obviously makes sense.

That’s my character for anyone that cares…

1 Like

What in the holy guacamole is going on with the new updated spells for each class.

I just looked through the new updates of spells we get situational spells, the port and the new one for no healing, guess like that trinket but no damage which is good for pvp but have feeling there’s going to be a cost for that like replacing the spot that the port was on lol.

Remember curses in mythics are pretty much null for how fast things die. Also where is our curse of elements you know some utility for pve, instead of oh look health stones and a gate which frankly probably better to just dps the hell out of mobs.

While plenty of classes are getting back their executions, plus spells that actually affect more than just meh situation, mages are getting alter time back and focus magic.

I looked at death knight and not even sure what’s going on there classes getting a hell lot more than just situational and others are just downright getting scraps.

They finally understood that affliction should not be centered around a burst. But then decided where not changing much for demo or destro so remove your azerite and essence and that’s basically what you’re getting.

And yes this is alplha I know.

1 Like

Also hey hunters are getting more new pets in shadow lands hahhaha this is just hilarious at this point.

So many demon models and yet "no warlocks you guys don’t get anything towards customization for your pets via either through quest or glyphs, or w.e can be used to just change looks.

Apparently is harder to code things for our pets or something.

2 Likes

do you even do m+

I can think of a use for curses in literally every single bfa dungeon

1 Like

Hey yall please remember to post more feedback in the centralized thread, I’ve been compiling most of the takes I see that I can turn into some sort of constructive feedback and putting it in the “Feedback summary” section :smiley:

3 Likes

I only have ever played aff so I’m glad to see no more burst window design with stacking UA. The rest is wait and see but that one thing is at least a positive so far.

I hope our demo and destro brethren get more love, though. As many have stated the base spec’s without azerite powers and essences seem super low budget.

1 Like

Do you? And if you do mythic +10 why even mention anything regarding how fast things die there.

An avg of 35 mins to do most runs probably faster.

The whole group mobs together and aoe them as fast as possible doesn’t care about your curse of tongues/curse of weakness you place on that casting mob when it probably was better to use your interrupt/stun instead.

Maybe if there was a boss like the boss caster in shrine i see it of use but even then you have interrupts for that. And I’m pretty sure most of those bosses with casting will probably be immune to the curse.

The only way I could see them useful would be in a raids where there’s casting/melee mobs that would make it easier for interrupts/damage rotation. And even then it probably won’t get much use.

In PvP is where they will get their most use.

1 Like