Lock rocks should have more charges

I believe 3 charges is too few. (Mage food allows up to 80 stacks.) It feels like the 3 Healthstone cap is deliberately low so you can’t get access to dozens of lock rocks without having a warlock in your party.

And that makes me wonder… should warlocks have more utility? Yes, in those rare occasions when you need portals, they are indispensible but otherwise, they just offer “cookies” and a battle rez. This isn’t rhetorical, do they need more utility?

2 Likes

As a lock you can make more lol I don’t mind the stack limit. What I mind is the time it takes to use one again.

5 Likes

That much fel in one spot may lead to explosions and legion invasions.

On a serious note, difference between mage food and lock stones is lock stones (if used outside of combat) have a 5 min cd from using another one. It takes a bit to use all 3 and if you wipe just get into the habit of sticking down a well anyway.

Mage buns are totally different than lock rocks in the terms of general use. Mage buns are used mainly outside of combat where lock rocks are made to be used in combat as a consumable.

Ya, and only 1 in combat (regardless how long the fight is) too where you can use healing potions once every 5 minutes.

they used to share a cooldown altogether - this is better than that IMO

2 Likes

Oh god yeah I forgot about that. Healing pot used to share a CD with a bunch of stuff same with lock stones.

1 Like

so long as gateway exists warlock will always be present on every fight in a progression setting (should one be available). after the first one its dependent on DPS tuning since multiple gateways arent usually necessary.

adding more utility to warlock would be pretty overbearing when we already sorta function as a raid buff. so my vote is no

1 Like

We also have a way to summon people inside too. I have been carried on my warlock a couple times cause people were like, “just come idc if your dps is bad because we need someone to summon people”

in some cases absolutely a thing yeah. so no, IMO our raid utility kit is already irreplaceable, to buff it would be pretty cracked

It would make us less valuable.

what would? or what would make us less valuable

1 Like

Oh sorry I didn’t clarify, if they added extra health stones. Our toolkit as it is makes us incredibly valuable. Just agreeing with what you said earlier. Sorry for the confusion there. =)

1 Like

Good to know, thank you. I believe I was slightly biased since I don’t raid much (yet) and gateways aren’t really used in mythics.

2 Likes

ahhh fair enough fair enough, your POV makes good sense in that light. however yes, Warlock is effectively a raid buff via gateway as you will see as your raiding pedigree progresses

There was a boss last expac where the gate was mandatory on mythic and you had to set up specific macros. It was carapace if I remember right where you had to use the gate to get inside as fast as possible. Also had to set up some macros and stuff and interact with left click too.

1 Like

interact on mouseover was a great great macro. dont need it anymore tho with the toy tho.

but yes it was one of the fights where you baited stuff on the gate and ported over quick. Jaina was another example where it helped a TON. Nzoth you would drop puddles and gateway across.

1 Like

There’s a toy now? O.o

yeppppppp on the vendor next to transmog dude. works the same was a mousevoer macro just activates the nearest gateway when you press the button, no need to do anything else

2 Likes

Oh sweet! Lol didn’t know that ty

Eh, I mean quite literally ehhh. I think Healthstones should just be a 2-3 minute CD so you can use 2 of them plus up to a few healing potions on a long fight during progression over literally just being able to use only 1.

Outside of this, though, they also should reduce the number of people required to throw a closet down to 1 person to throw the closet then 2 to summon still. It gets so mega annoying have to wait for a 3rd person to throw a closet down.

Yeah, as long as you got people inside.