Locating WTF Folder for Interface

HI, I have attempted to download a user interface however I am not able to locate the ‘WTF’ folder in my interface folder, nor was there a Addons folder. Is there a way to a reset everything back to default ?

The WTF folder is under your WoW program folder and under a folder named after one of the following game versions:

_classic_
_retail_
_ptr_

Each version of the game has it’s own WTF and Interface folders below one of those listed above.

Addons go into the Interface\Addons folder for the game version, the WTF folder is for saving game settings.

Installing addons etc. should only be done while you are completely out of the game, not just logged out.

I’m still trying to locate that folder myself.

Sticking to Retail, the folders go like this:
This PC > Storage (D) > Games > World of Warcraft > retail > […]

Then three folders: GPUCache, Interface, and Screenshots, which none of them have a WTF file in.

I’m having addons issues (ELVUI) that the developer keeps reverting me back to that folder. I need to locate it.

See the messages here and the one after it WTF should be located with Interface:

1 Like

3 Likes

The best way I have found to locate the folder is to go into the Battle.net app & next to PLAY there is a cog wheel. Select that, then Show in Explorer, then go into the version of the game you’d like. (ie: retail or classic.)

1 Like