Loadout pain

I don’t know about everyone else, but I am running into some major friction with my class and talent tree loadouts.

For example, Windwalker has some contentious talents like Skyreach and Bonedust Brew that some people just refuse to play with (including me sometimes!) in dungeons because they’re annoying, even if they perform well. (Sidenote - it’s amazing that this is a possibility now! I don’t feel extremely hampered by doing so either). However, sometimes I do want to play them.

I have about 4 Windwalker dungeon AOE builds I like to play to take into account these different QOL changes I can set up, and it’ll probably grow as we progress through raid as well.

Now, comes the part where the Monk class tree is an entirely independent optimization problem. To drill into a specific example - It’s pretty much a hardcore wasteage to run Detox (poison/disease dispel) on a dungeon without poison and disease mechanics, so I want to play around that in my build when and where I can comfortably do so. This is in stark contrast to the spec tree where I am not wasting an ill-begotten point (since there’s a useful alternative being chosen) like I am in the spec tree with Detox on a dungeon with no poison/disease dispels, so I am heavily incentivized to change Detox. The only issue there is, well, now I have to make a copy of each WW Spec tree with a different class tree loadout to make this convenient enough to my liking. I’m effectively multiplying the number of builds I need to make in the class tree, by the number of the different spec trees I want to have. This is untenable with the current loadout cap.

What I think would be really useful is a couple of things:

1. Allow me to make a change to my talent tree that does not actively save it to my loadout I am wearing, and make me confirm if a change I am making should be saved to the loadout I am editing.
    Making my ‘equipped talents’ be this sort of ephemeral loadout that can’t be saved I guess is another way to put it? I hope I am coming across clearly.
    This also achieves another goal of mine - I want to be able to revert to a loadout without making a duplicate when I am making changes like the above Detox situation and trying to figure out what I want the loadout to be, and it would allow me to change it on the fly for a single dungeon too without making multiple loadouts.

2. Completely separate loadouts for class/spec tree. Or, maybe a sub-loadout for each one of which a top-level loadout is comprised. They’re independent optimization problems for a player to approach, so tying them together just makes loadouts really unwieldy.

5 Likes

Gonna go ahead and echo this as I also HATE bonedust brew and refuse to use it. I UNDERSTAND what the devs were going for but if I could choose fluid gameplay over best abilities I would still not choose bonedust brew for either. Seems to be a huge problem especially with monks as a bunch of people have said how they hate certain cov abilities but have to use them or fall behind majorly.