LMAO Warcraft writting team reaching new low

…the hell? Why put Tyrande in this direction just to immediately bench her?! Finally getting around to letting her be great…sigh

1 Like

Cause Horde bias that’s why

Happens when the dev team is crazy in love with them and gives zero meaningful anything to the Alliance

spits on Blizzard writing team

3 Likes

Trust me, if void elves are a playable race barely any members in it, night elves will be fine.

I disagree with this. The whole Azshara story should be pretty much a night elf / blood elf central thing, even though they did that in Legion.

This is the @$#^iest story I have seen for a video game. Not just MMOs. Any video game, period.

3 Likes

So i read the article and umm wow… Even though i do play both factions but am playing horde 90% of the time, i still feel that there should be more to Tyrande and her story!

So maybe she did get all her revenge out, but the whole Azshara thing, Sylvanas, Tyrande just seems like one of the characters they would put into that story. They are all Elves, they have seen some good and bad things and they have all been through really bad stuff!

Anyhow …yeah i think she should have been in that story somehow even if it had nothing to do with revenge…those 3 women would make an epic story i think!

As far as Sylvanas goes… i dunno. Right now she is not bringing the horde together, they are pretty divided. It seems to get worse as time goes on. However they do say you have to weather the storm to reach the calm.

We shall see! I have yet to see the defining in your face moment that makes you go OMG i never saw that coming! Really hoping we get that epic moment, otherwise i feel it might be a huge let down!

you are one hella sexy human pally.

2 Likes

Jebus. I don’t care for the Night Elves or their lore much at all, and this still makes me feel kind of grimy just reading it.

Why even bother having a game that’s about a story in a world if you’re only willing to write a couple characters at a time? The one-track mind the writers seem to have, lately, has lead to some really boring setpieces, despite all the hype.

2 Likes

Apparently Malfurion dirt-drowning an Orc in a cinematic plus Tyrande killing a val’kyr completely makes up for genocide. I mean, it’s nearly the same thing, right?

/facepalm

Calling that “revenge for the Night Elves” is pathetic at best.

I’m not even a writer and I could do better than this.

4 Likes

Oh no no, it isn’t about the quality of the writing, it is fully about how much of a better job you could do writing the story. After all, you know the lore better. And you really understand the characters. And you are calling for the currently employed writers to lose their jobs, yes yes? After all, they shouldn’t be paid for their fanfic or even allowed to write it. So clearly you should take their place and really push the story forward.

Oh I am definitely better, what does that have to do with criticizing them?

That is not the worst idea I’ve seen on this forum. Just about anything would be better than the current writing staff. Just go grab some WoW fanfic off reddit or something.

Well, there you go. So get to it, send your work to Blizzard, take the job. You are clearly more passionate about the Warcraft story then the people being paid to write it. Go steal their job, push them out into the street, make them drive Uber and work in food service.

Why would I want to work among such a terrible writing team though?

2 Likes

Can we…make that happen somehow? Can’t be any worse.

2 Likes

Night Elves suuuuuck.

They’re getting the recognition they deserve.

Agreed.

Nice of the Blizz writing staff themselves to chime in.

3 Likes

At least your leader isn’t written in a way where it’s sending two newb rogues to assassin a green jesus and a green moses.

You are right about that. When our leader’s 10K year old enemy resurfaces apparently they… do nothing. At all. Not even gonna bother to send two assassins after her. Nothing.

1 Like

Why would they do that? they had their “revenge” after all, they had their “spotlight”.

As a Blood elf, i feel sorry for your story writing. Don’t get me wrong, burning the tree was amazing, and could have been used as an engine to bring the glory of the Night elves back.
but no. you had your “spotlight”

2 Likes

That would remove precious Sylvanas screen time after all and Danuser can’t have that.

1 Like