Live Raid Tuning – May 14

Maybe to your guild and my guild, but when super casual CE guilds (current 7/9M) reach Jaina in a few weeks, they would most likely have a huge stuggle with pre-nerf Jaina. Though I could agree that the nerf was a bit overboard.

(Cryophobia) #63

Half of my guys struggled to pick up the jaina mechanics quickly while the other half picked it up after 50 pulls. We would have killed her even faster but we wasted 2 weeks without a 2nd resto shaman and a few people took forever to learn how to dodge in intermission 1. It is my own personal opinion that Jaina was a very scripted fight and super easy to pick up for anyone who read the mythic jaina guide and watched a few videos.

Blizzard completely removed any real difficulty in phase 3 now so all the super casual CE guilds are basically getting free CE at this point since p1 and p2 are now harder than p3 lol. Even argus and ghuun did not get gutted like Jaina did.

I am a firm believer that cutting edge should not be given out for free even at the end of the tier. I am 100% okay with making the fight easier but they absolutely gutted Jaina at this point.

I am a firm believer that cutting edge should not be given out for free even at the end of the tier. I am 100% okay with making the fight easier but they absolutely gutted Jaina at this point.

So you are okay with nerfs until it’s enough for YOU to kill it, 18 days ago, but all nerfs past that point make it braindead. Seems like you should get your achievement and cutting edge removed as well in this cleanup since you didn’t kill it prenerf. Should probably remove your G’huun as well, since you didn’t kill it prenerf and got it after it was “gutted”. And your argus kill, since it was post 5% AND 3% nerf. Seems like you have a severe case of “nerf for me not for thee”.

(Cryophobia) #65

You are pretty horrible at reading. I even said they gutted jaina compared to argus and ghuun you illiterate simpleton. Your entire post is filled with strawmans, putting words in my mouth, and a general lack of understanding of the english language.

oh you are 7/9 mythic bod throwing shade, thats cute.

That’s pretty much what I meant, they gutted the fight instead of making it slightly easier for lower tier guilds. I agree that Blizzard should nerf it slightly for lower guilds, but I don’t agree with them gutting the fight.

I see that you said that they gutted it compared to other bosses, convenient that no other gutted bosses are gutted in your opinion since you didn’t kill them pre-gutting.

Your entire post is filled with strawmans, putting words in my mouth, and a general lack of understanding of the english language.

And yours is filled with insults and no actual retort to what I said. You killed this boss and every other end boss post multiple nerfs, but the nerf after you kill it is the one that makes the fight a joke, because it was “still hard” when you killed it for your sense of accomplishment?

oh you are 7/9 mythic bod throwing shade, thats cute.

and you’re in a 3 day guild not in the top 100, that’s cute. Last time I raided your schedule was at 54th world rank, but I’d prefer not to spend my time raiding that much, 6 hours weekly is enough for me these days. You really shouldn’t act like you’ve got a big swinging hammer when you’re barely scraping by.

For the record I don’t think that Jaina needed to be nerfed, I think this is a bit much, but you talking about free CE’s when you have yet to earn one yourself was too much for me to pass up.

There’s not a single 9 hour raiding guild, let alone an 8 hour on the US in the top 100 world. Let alone top 54 like you state, I don’t think there has ever been either. Correct me if I’m wrong, I probably am.

Tbh G’huun post boil nerf was a joke too.

There’s not a single 9 hour raiding guild, let alone an 8 hour on the US in the top 100 world. Let alone top 54 like you state, I don’t think there has ever been either.

And his guild is a 10 hour guild according to wowprogress.

With that out of the way, there were plenty in MoP, Incarnate was a 9 hour guild at rank 51 in SoO, there was LA, Refined, Pie Chart, Temerity, Encore, Nurfed, Addiction etc. all in the top 100, at 3 days with 9-12 hour schedules. Most have disbanded or expanded their schedules since, but it was pretty common to have 3 day guilds and even some 2 day guilds in the top 100. Maybe there weren’t 8 hour guilds specifically, but the “casual progression” range of guilds at 8-12 hour weeks were thriving and well.

Edit: Supermassive-US turalyon was an 8 hour 2 day guild rank 40

I didn’t raid back in the days of MoP, so I wasn’t sure. Just as of recently there haven’t been any 9 hour guilds anywhere near top 100 or lower.

(Cryophobia) #73

There is a difference between nerfing the amount of boils and removing them completely. What blizzard did to jaina is the equivalent of removing all boils from ghuun.

You seem to really like to resort to insults, little brain, tiny tim, illiterate simpleton. Please just make a point that stands on it’s own without having to attack people.

Here’s an example of how that works.

Congratulations on clearing Mythic BoD! Blizzard has now nerfed the instance which will make farm easier for you and your guild from here on out to better prepare you for the next tier. Maybe stop caring about things that weren’t meant for you. Who cares if it’s nerfed post kill? The only ones who should really be complaining about this are those that you mentioned, who are progressing or about to. I didn’t ask for these nerfs either, but have to accept choosing to be in a very casual guild, that these things will likely happen before we clear the content, as has been happening for over a decade now, so I’m used to it from both sides of the coin now.

(Cryophobia) #75

I was one of the ones complaining on argus and ghuun when my brand new mythic raid guild got cucked with nerfs on those two fights. I am also concerned and worried about this potential new trend of blizzard just flat out removing multiple mechanics from the end boss going forward.

potential new trend

Not new, again, been happening for over a decade now, I get you are new to the game and pretty gung ho to keep it “difficult” but this is nothing new.

(Cryophobia) #77

They didnt gut argus and ghuun, mechanics wise compared to Jaina. Which I am pretty sure I already explained…

In YOUR opinion they didn’t gut Ghuun, but in the opinion of some people who progressed on the REAL fight when you couldn’t use abilities while holding the orb, the fight is gutted. See how that works? You can’t just decide based on what you say is gutting and not gutting of mechanics. It’s easy to just throw that sort of thing out into the world.

(Cryophobia) #79

I clearly explained the differences between removing mechanics and not. So no, you are incorrect.

No, not even close to removing them completely. The nerfs just heavily reduce RNG and make p3 a semi-joke. Was it bigger than the G’huun nerf? Yes. Was it as big as removing boils from the fight completely? No.

So you are the authority on whether a removed mechanic is actually a removed mechanic? Letting people use abilities with the orb on G’huun is literally a removed mechanic, in the same vein as removing chilling touch during the bombard.

(Cryophobia) #82

Jaina nerfs is the equivalent of removing boils completely from Ghuun in p3. They have turned p3 into heroic level of difficulty in mythic.