Live Raid Tuning – May 14

(Kaivax) #1

With weekly resets in each region, we’re making the following adjustments to three raid encounters.

• Battle of Dazar’alor
    • Lady Jaina Proudmoore
      • The random Bombard locations in stage one are now less likely to light a Zandalari Ballista on fire when players are not nearby.
      • Chilling Touch now begins when Arcane Barrage is interrupted (previously was when Nathanos is freed).
      • Prismatic Images now spawn closer to Jaina (was centered on the middle of the area).
      • Icefall is timed to no longer coincide with full power Gathering Blizzard in Mythic difficulty.
      • Gathering Blizzard and Freezing Blood should now be more responsive in Mythic difficulty.
      • Jaina’s health has been reduced by 5% in Mythic difficulty.
  • Crucible of Storms
    • The Restless Cabal
      • Void Crash and Crushing Doubt now prefer ranged targets.
      • Witness the End duration reduced to 7 seconds (was 9 seconds) in Mythic difficulty.
      • Zaxasj the Speaker and Fa’thuul the Feared health reduced by 5% in Mythic difficulty.
    • Uu’nat, Harbinger of the Void
      • Void Crash now prefers ranged targets.
      • Insatiable Torment now prefers damage dealers.
      • Piercing Gaze of N’Zoth duration reduced to 4 seconds (was 5 seconds) in Mythic difficulty.
      • Undying Guardians health reduced by 17% in Mythic difficulty.
      • The number of players targeted with Unstable Resonance has been reduced to 12 per cast (was 18) and now prefers ranged targets on Mythic difficulty.
      • Uu’nat’s health reduced by 5% in Mythic difficulty.

In Crucible of Storms, along with slightly reducing the overall difficulty of its encounters on Mythic difficulty, these changes are aimed at encouraging more diverse raid compositions, as well as making the encounters more accessible to guilds with melee-heavy rosters.

Again, these changes should go live with resets in each region.

(Kaivax) pinned #2

(Felryn) #3

oh boy does this mean crucible is worth the effort now??

This doesn’t sound like classic wow release date news to me.

(Multke) #5

congrats now jaina is too easy

I still have absolutely no interest in doing Crucible. But this is nice.

Makes jaina mount carries a ton easier.

(Lovezone) #8

Yeah how about just Void Crash doesn’t target melee. Crushing Doubt should still target melee.

Thanks.

Hahaha good joke. It will never be worth the effort.

(Curoar) #10

Traditionally when they state this, it means they’ll always target a ranged character unless there are none.

So say you run with a total of 10 Ranged (4 Ranged Healers, 6 DPS) if all of them die, than the ability will start targeting melee.

if it never target melles, then ppl will just start stacking melle dps

Not like ranged do not have enough to run out of. World of Meleecraft!

(Cbegsdh) #13

Instead of doing this can you please just stop repeatedly nerfing raids?

These bosses should’ve been released in this form. You’re creating a problem on the mythic level for guilds recruiting for specific classes to stack, comps created, and strategies employed. It makes raiders who get late tier CE as if it wasn’t earned and was gifted by you blizzard, and makes many of us wonder how far you will nerf each boss and how long it’ll take to nerf.

Currently my guild is 8/9m and hit 30% Jaina, this change should theoretically make her substantially easier but makes our previous 200+ pulls feel wasted due to poor tuning (both mechanics, specifically her RNG but personally I enjoy it, and numbers). This difficulty scale should’ve been the release version for mythic Jaina.

Crucible on the other hand we had no interest in even attempting and may not even care to try getting CE in because the raid seemed poorly tuned from the start with subpar gear in most cases. Hire people to test your raids, to tune your raids, and prevent consecutive nerfs. I have a feeling crucible will be nerfed 1-2 more times OR Cutting edge will be attainable post 8.2 in crucible due to poor tuning.

Mythic guilds are growing tired of your constant adjustments to the difficulty of each end boss for cutting edge. It’s frustrating to know the release difficulty is not the finished product ever as each end boss has received substantially nerfs each tier. Please change this.

This. Just this right here. To bad they won’t do this.

(Rynnzler) #15

Uldir felt fine up until G’huun. That boss was a mess with the insane specific comp requirements needed to make the orb carrying possible.

Dazar’alor was okay until Blockade where you had to stack almost entirely ranged to do the fight.

Jaina comp wise was fine but the terrible p1 variations and icefall RNG in p2 have been awful to progress through.

I don’t think any of us want to progress through a raid that’s too easy but I don’t think anyone appreciates a fight full of RNG to where you cannot do literally anything about because it’s completely different every time.

(Cbegsdh) #16

I don’t mind and actually enjoy the RNG, what I don’t enjoy is the RNG that’s designed to kill the player if they overlap without a way to counter it. We’ve had a few icefall’s last night during the fog parts of P2 which we now consider Jaina’s Eff you mechanic.

(Surge) #17

Far Sight / Eagle Eye / Eye of Kilrogg

While i agree that they need to test the raids better and fine tune them before release (esp Crucible, which have such horrible tuning), being mad at blizzard for nerfing a boss after 3 months of release is just silly. these nerf are not specifically aimed for truly cutting edge - hardcore guild per say, but its more for the people that are still progressing on the fight.

While i get the frustration that these nerf might devalue later kills, but these nerf i believe is just a net positive, cause it helps guild that have done the fight do re clear more easily and it opens up the door for more guild to kill the boss. i get it that some hard core player might not want to see the boss get nerf, but accessibility in an mmo is as important as the challenge it self, more ppl seing and experiencing the fight is a positive.

To everyone saying people will stack melee, they won’t. Ranged like Warlock and Ele Sham are just too good on uu’nat to be swapped out with melee, we may see more than 1-3 melee atleast though.

They nerf these raids so lower guilds can obtain a kill easier. Would you really like to progress on Jaina, before the first nerf, as a current 8/9M guild? Sure this nerf may be a bit overboard, But it makes the boss more accessible to more casual mythic raiding guilds.