Live Developer Q&A - Ask Questions Here!

Cosmetics have been a theme in BfA with allied races. People really love these options. Are there any plans for more cosmetic glyphs? Things we lost, like the claws of shirvallah appearance, would be awesome.

6 Likes

I don’t think they ever said we were getting any more Allied races this expansion, and certainly not in 8.2.

M+ has really shone a light on class utility. The ones who have it, excel and are desired. The ones who don’t, are left in the dust.
This doesn’t mean those classes can’t perform or are bad, but it leaves a feeling of not being valuable. Feral is a good example of this. What are your overall thoughts on balancing this?

1 Like

What’s in store for patch 8.2?

2 Likes

Are dive bombing Sea Gulls the next Tortollan quest/game?

2 Likes

Silver Covenant. Where are they? When can we play as them?

40 Likes

Any plans to add skinny Kul’Tirans/Humans as a playable ‘race’?

1 Like

What purpose will islands play once our necklaces hit 50? Why would we continue to use a major advertised feature of the expansion?

Are we able to receive a gear vendor with some sort of currency to upgrade pieces of gear like we did with Legendaries in Legion? Gives us an incentive to play and earn instead of logging in, queue and hoping to get an upgrade.

any chance we can get gladiator stance back?

6 Likes

It seems that over the past few years then development team has adopted a new design philosophy. 1. Gate 2. Queue 3. Daily 4. RNG - This new philosophy with the additional push for e-sports has proven to produce stagnant gameplay when it comes to quest, content design and replay-ability. Is there any chance for a new design philosophy that will give back class uniqueness and encourage “play the way you want” that we saw from vanilla to wrath. Somewhere after that if feels like the game has become more and more theme-parked with lazy class and content designs that are intentionally gated to keep player strung along rather than truly engaged. In short I am tired of the dangle the carrot game design that seems to have taken over. Seeing that this is a hard question I doubt it gets picked, and the usual fluff gets answered. However I am part of a sub-reddit group that is 33k strong and feel the exact same way. I just thought I would at least give it a shot and ask…

29 Likes

Is there any possibility to lift the restriction on transmogging “white/gray” gear? There are so many great starter sets where the art is amazing (pandaren starting zone for example) and it just seems like a waste to not be able to mog them. Using the excuse of “silly mogs” seems to have flown out the window with the new and updated floppy fish mace.

12 Likes

Cap will be increased in 8.2 and you will continue to level neck until expansion is over.

Is there anything coming for Shamans and Hunters who have the Leatherworking profession? Tools of the trade don’t benefit us much due to already having drum-like mechanics.

1 Like

Awhile back you guys mentioned that you were looking at removing Bloodtalons from the Feral kit due to it being awkward and not really making any sense. Is there any word to that actually happening?

Glad to see the update to companion app to include social and calendar events, which was admittedly long over due. Any update on when we’ll get access to the auction house in the app? Or is that even an intended function of the app?

1 Like

Will Baine eat Lor’themar?

1 Like

Is there a way we can make Mastery a dynamic stat again? Particularly with damage classes. So many characters mastery translates into Mastery = X% more damage, which feels like just a slightly more offensive version of versatility.

2 Likes

Are there currently any plans to expand upon or change the guild functionality. I know that my RP guild has trouble with the limited number of ranks and of the limited functionality of the roster’s “powers”.
Thanks,
-Fen

18 Likes

What are your plans for guilds going forward? Do you still see them as integral to WoW’s sense of community? What improvements do you envision for the guild UI? How do you intend to revamp the looking-for-guild function? When will the rank permissions be broken up so Guild Masters can assign ranks and permissions like they used to?

6 Likes