Live Class Tuning -- July 16, 2019

I already rebuked this statement, not going to repeat myself.

Not according to your account wide achievements that doesn’t have Gladiator, sooo you really haven’t unless you’re going to claim someone elses Pally as your own.

Is uh, that really it?

Not really, to argue that as long as one spec of a class is viable, then it is perfectly balanced doesn’t really pull weight in terms of (video game) PvP balance. The balance team should strive to make as many specs viable as possible, while simultaneously making them fun to play.

A ret paladin or ele shaman may not want to heal, nor may a feral enjoy boomkin, etc etc. Again, being a video game, the tuning of classes should be better handled, especially in PvP.

The lack of PvP balancing changes this expansion has made a lot of specs not viable, and the poor class design has made a lot unfun to play. If class design is not going to improve this expansion, than balancing should at least carry that dead weight.

You seem to be taking this more personal then you should, as I am not mad or attacking you directly. I’m expressing disagreement with the changes to buff arcane as it will make them stronger in PvP without any trade offs. Even if it’s unintentional, it should be accounted for.

If mages are to have three viable specs, than so should warlocks, so should shaman, so should hunters, and so on.

Again, it’s expressing frustration that the PvP balance team seems to not be putting in enough(?) effort to bring as many specs up to par as possible. And lack of foresight could lead into even more mage/rogue comps, something that’s already abundant in the current meta and has been for the past 9 months (10 years) It’s stale and needs improvement.

(Felryn) #52

imma stop you right there and say no one cares about unholy’s performance in pve

it’s busted in pvp and needs nerfs which is why people are asking for it to be nerfed. do some research before posting nonsense

(Kaivax) #53

I’ve just added this to the OP above:

Items

• Heart of Azeroth
    • Essence of the Focusing Iris major effect damage reduced by 15%.

Class changes, arcane mage. That’s funny. I feel bad for whoever made this post. But don’t forget we have so many other specs that need some attention, but we change arcane mage. That’s okay, harbringer’s is still an issue, unholy dk is broken, arms warriors are broken, what’s new? Great changes! +1

(Inviscerate) #55

This won’t make anyone care about AWC, or make it any more interesting

Oh - my mage was already going around one shotting elites ? Not sure how you arrive at the need for a buff but okay.

(Brutalistica) #57

Warriors. Give them love.

Specs Kaivax… we would like to see changes to specs. :slight_smile:

(Failedwizard) #59

Arcane was bottom for 4-5 fights and overall, the only fight it had good representation on was Queen Azshara and that was dependent on the Azerite debuff in the last phase; Arcane has also been at the bottom for 9 raids in a row. Don’t spew crap you have no understanding about in future, thanks.

(Failedwizard) #60

You mean one of the worst performing specs for 9 raids in a row? Yes, Arcane needed a buff more than anyone else in the game.

So… let me do some quick math here, yep, now Arcane ranks in last place. Well done.

(Keltas) #62

I like how the post references “several” tuning changes and they do one tiny change.

It’s like when I was 10 and turned in a double spaced, double line skipping paper and called it a full page long.

It’s kinda sad how much they don’t care.

(Bertimus) #63

This is a much overdue change for rdruid. Maybe enough, maybe not.

Here’s my gripe:

We have been giving you feedback on this iteration of marksman hunter for 14 months now. It does not work in PvP. You have taken away too many of it’s non-damage buttons. Two simple changes:

1. Scatter on disorient dr
  2. Postehaste and binding on different talent rows

Makes marksman a spec that works in rated PvP again. This is something that you could easily accomplish in a hotfix like you’ve just done. Why are you ignoring us? You now have two complete seasons and a year’s worth of live data to crunch. The spec is not going to “organically” find itself into the meta. You have to do something.

(Høøves) #64

I see a start in the right direction, but where’s the other buffs for the class & specs that actually needed a buff waayyy before 8.2. like feral druids, shamans , etc.

Stop dropping the ball & get back on it.

Rdruid got a slap on the wrist, please nerf healing by 20-30% in pvp at least.

They might actually feel it then.

This is what I was thinking…ofc it’s mage that gets a buff. Figures.

(Zeroburrito) #67

10% heal nerf may do something in pve, but not for pvp. it needs massive nerfs in pvp. 10% is not noticeable.