List of things you want/dont want in future WoW

I agree with a lot of these, especially opening race/class combos.

Oh yeah also
-STOP FILLING RAIDS WITH TRASH

Probably the reason I tolerate the deaths in Legion compared to GoT. GoT is pure shock value. I’m fine with the deaths of characters but not when it’s just to make up for poor writing to the point where you need shock value to keep going. That’s dumb.

If anything blizzard seems to do the opposite of what players want.

1. Make the game more grindy because it’s never enough!
  2. Add a much longer version of pathfinder that takes at least 1.5 years to complete.
  3. We need more rng because it spices things up!

Ugh…

2 Likes

I want a tiny clowncar mount that can fit up to 20 people. That and I want a giant pickle to invade azeroth and we have to join forces to beat the pickle. Also, hats so big they’re about 5 times as big as my character. Also a battle pet themed expansion and a new class called The Meatgiver. His role in WOW is to hand out various meats to everyone. He has a special move where he bastes you with his gravy baster.

2 Likes

Want
-For the nelf customization, remove the color dependency of hair and marking colors. Let them be separate.
-More class/race combinations. Specifically, night elf and draenei warlocks; draenei rogues.
-More class related quest chains that benefit in some way. Just like the warlock green fire, perhaps a priest and paladin quest that turns your bright golden light into bright silver light. See class/race combos and add night elf paladins to the list.
-Nightborne druids… PLS

Don’t want
-What happened in BFA to happen anymore. No more smashing several story plots into one expansion, just stick to one or two.

2 Likes

please blizzard, dont make me level reps especially like you did for tortollans
you had 3 total wqs and it wa just the worst kind of slog…
let us have our flight… flight makes everything better… it makes dzar less of a pain to get anywhere, it makes knocking out wqs easier, and once we have the story done its not like we’ll be skipping content or anything

2 Likes

Horde and Alliance should never hold hands and be able to play with each other.

Race and class restrictions add flavor to a race’s identity and culture. I hope they never allow anything to be anything.

They need to stop removing content in general.

Time gates and other daily things should be abolished from the game’s future design.

Mission boards should stop existing

I want a server merge.

And i’d like for cross realm/phasing to be removed.

I want professions to have a bit more importance to the game.

Alt friendly systems should always exist.

I’d like some racial traits to be reworked. Mostly the original 4 races on each side.

Unconventional classes and races should be explored more.

6 Likes

I want that too, for the RP servers that have low pops.

Also as it stands, sharding sucks and can have one side completely overpower the other in Warmode. Pls stop.

I’d also like to know what Xal’atath is up to

Timegates should be reworked. I don’t like how, say I want to unlock flying now as a returning player… I need to waste 2 weeks of treating this game like a daily job logging on every day so I can do my 2hr list of chores to unlock a reward.

I understand Blizzard doesn’t want people to log in on patch day and nolife a reward in one day. So that’s fine. Have a little cap of how much you can obtain on one day. Then let that cap raise each day. So that by the time returning players resubscribe they can do as much as they want and catch up asap.

More things need to be account wide. Why is WoW the only videogame in my thousand+ large library of videogames that treats the player like 20 different people? My WoW account is not a Netflix account used by multiple people. It’s me, a single player… who unlocks grand time consuming tasks on my main character. I don’t want to have to repeat this extra nonsense if I dare decide I want to experience a different perspective of the game and decide to roll an alt.

Reputation, Essences, AP, any of this extended nonsense needs to be an account wide progression. Where whichever character pushed the furthest, that is what gets counted. Like the achievement system. Keep track of individual progression if you want, you don’t have to, but if taking it out somehow breaks the game leave it in just make sure if I do something on one character then all my characters can reap the benefits.

No more RNG on RNG on RNG. Removing titanforging just to replace it with an even more powerful corruption system isn’t the answer. I’ve only gained one piece of corruption gear sofar despite doing 5x the work of people I know who’ve obtained multiple. And of course the one piece I got has the most useless modifier so I’m leagues behind through no fault of my own. Why not let us voluntarily corrupt a piece of gear with what we want at the cost of currency? Sockets should ALWAYS be something added via currency as well. A currency UNIQUE to socketing and not a talent system tied to progression we won’t be able to benefit from until after months of grinding. Same with “warforging” what was wrong with us bringing an item to a vendor and spending currency to update it X amount of times?

Also bring back reforging. It was only cancerous because we had stupid stats that no longer exist in the game. Such as hit rating which had to be at a certain level to be viable and anything past that was a waste. Maybe I want to just turn my useless vers into crit or something let me decide what stats I want to play around with.

3 Likes

I can definitely get behind a lot of the suggestions in this thread. Things that stand out to me include:

1. Remove class/race restrictions. Telling the player “You can’t do that job because you’re this race” has unfortunate implications.

2. If it has to stay, rework Pathfinder in some way. Honestly, I think leveling to the cap and finishing all the zone story lines would be sufficient. The extended time break is not great. Failing that, at least design the zones in such a way that they aren’t totally unrealistic and hostile to player ground travel.

3. Let me transmog one handers into two handers. Also let me transmog wands into something.

4. I almost forgot, but more than 75 measly rep per world quest, please. I like the world quest system and think it’s far superior to the dailies we used to have, but the rep needs a boost.

Don’t want corruption gear or anything like it. Most idiotic system ever.

That’s a big one for me. Especially when they remove story content. I’m honestly okay with them removing achievements, mounts, pets, etc because they want people to feel special that they did the content when it was current. But I personally believe there should be no reason to ever remove story. It ruins the questing and lore experience for alts, new players, and people who took breaks.

I’m a simple troll. I just want story elements to remain in the game. Maybe playable forest trolls, ogres, and mogu too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i want only ilvl/bis stats through gear drops power progression for endgame. No essences, no corruptions, no azerite traits, no AP, like it was before legion.

1 Like
  • An old world revamp that uses phasing tech to make appropriate zones “peaceful” once you have finished the main questline.

What I mean by this is zones such as those in the core territory of the factions. Think westfall for instance. Once you have finished it the bandits are gone ect. Some things that remain could be bounty like world quests or gathering stuff.

• World quests in the old world that unlock in a zone after you have completed its’ questline. These could range from bounties on rare creatures or certain mobs to gathering things such as wood.

• Many classic races already associated or part of the factions to be made playable. Things such as high/half elves, forest trolls, ogres, mok’nathal, broken, furbolg, ect. I am disappointed wildhammer are being made customization as I believe they have significant cultural differences that would influence their class selection. They lose paladin, warlock, and mage but gain druid for instance.

• New classes that being Tinkers (base class), Bards (base class), Necromancers (hero class), and dragonsworn (hero class.

Tinkers have a melee tank spec utilizing a mech suit, a ranged dps spec using explosives and such, and a healing spec.

Bards I have no idea but I want them.

Necromancer would have 3 specs that run with the same theme as death knights. They would be like a priest is to paladin.

The first spec would be lich. Makes use of shadow and frost magic. Notable ability ideas would be phylactery. A similar ability to shaman’s reincarnation.

The second spec is unholy. They summon many more undead than death knights do. What separates them from warlock though is they focus on various diseases in addition to summoning a variety of undead and empowering them. A notable ability would be to raise dead friendly players however this does not count as a battle rez. It is different. It would be an AoE spell that raises any allies in the target area. Where it differs from a battle rez is these players are not strong at all. They basically have rez sickness. It is essentially making fallen players slightly better than dead. Once combat ends they will immediately die and must either release or be properly ressurected. Of course they can still die in the middle of combat as well.

The third and final spec would be bloodweaver. A healing spec utilizing blood magic.

• while I am very much against things such as making factions irrelevant for gameplay and allowing any race any class I do believe it is time to introduce new class options for some races.

Those that I have in mind would be paladins for night elves, gnomes, worgen, and kul tirans.

Nights elves can be paladins as established with the legion order hall. Furthermore they can also take the “sunwalker” route and have night elf paladins lore wise be “night warriors”.

Kul tiran paladins would lore wise be tideguards just like priests are tidesages.

As for gnomes and worgen this is something established by hearthstone where paladin cards for said races were introduced. Namely lightfang enforcer and commander Rhyssa.

• Class-race specific glyphs to alter classes. Basically to change the abilities to appear how they should in the lore for that race. kul tirans having their holy spells changed to water in paladin and priest, tauren priests and paladins having a more fiery coloration to their abilities, night elves having the silver coloration associated with elune.

Stuff I want:

-Playable Sethrak
-Pigeon mount
-More paladins
-Snake Mount

You know they ll just end up giving them to the horde and giving alliance yet another unwanted trash allied race.

I want my character to stop feeling like a baseline adventurer in one scene, then a Mighty Champion of Azeroth in the other scene. There needs to be coherent consistency, cohesion even, in these storylines.

By that I mean this: Our characters are profoundly more powerful in each expansion than they are in previous expansions. This is a power creep, but I try to relay some of that power creep in to a canonical power scale. For instance: A Mogu back in MoP would be a new, powerful creature that you encountered, and it should feel tough. However, battling a Mogu after all this time later, and having battled them innumerable times in the past, they should feel much easier to battle. They should NOT be coming at me, the reigning Heavyweight Champion of Azeroth who defeated not only basic Mogu, but also the likes of Lei-Shen, etc, and defeated their entire heirarchy, gungho and able to kick my butt to the curb.

My character should be wisened, experienced, by battling them so many times. Yet I don’t feel this. I only feel this with the power creep, which the Developers are steadily removing in order “to make all content consistently relevant”, and that seems to include World PvE where your power creep is supposed to feel the most relevant at.

This is the largest thing I would change. It just feels too inconsistent. You don’t see a named NPC ever having trouble battling off basic enemies, and through all of WoW’s timeline, our characters are pretty much on par with over 3/4’s of them; The only ones we are not on par with are major lore characters and faction leaders, because most of them have immense levels of power creep, hidden potential, or several Aces up their sleeve to play when the cards need to be dealt, that we just personally do not have access to ourselves.

As an addendum; it would also be cool if said questioned had an actual impact on our gameplay.
Unlike the keep/cleanse the headgear sitch.