List of DM unexpected behavior

Can we get a list of the DM changes that everyone is saying differs from pservers and classic? Some of us haven’t gotten a chance to start DM yet.

1 Like

Doesn’t take that long to reach 16-18, which is perfect for starting DM.

DM:E/DM:W/DM:N however, needs in the low 50’s.

19 Likes

Fixt that for you.

13 Likes

How can it differ from classic? We are playing classic. Oh you meant vanilla.

Vanilla = original wow
Classic = what we have now.

Mean what you say and say what you mean.

2 Likes

You are mistaking dm for VC.
dm is Dire Maul

1 Like

No it doesn’t.

Classic means either, but with more context classic may mean the version released in 2019, or the version released in 2004-2006.

Vanilla always means 2004-2006, however, referring it is as vanilla, is lame, and sounds silly, so many people opt not to do that, and simply refer to it as classic.

2 Likes

No.

Classic is now. Vanilla was then. It doesn’t matter how you “feel” about it. Refer to it as it is and not how you want it.

4 Likes

dude I’m there with you, but honestly i gave up,lol.

Deadmines will always be my favorite low level dungeon

Do you mean “differs from Vanilla Wow”? Because this IS Classic. Clearly Classic cannot differ from Classic.

If you are asking other players to create that list, that makes sense. Blizzard isn’t going to compare features with “pservers”. Blizzard is not copying “pserver” functionality.

1 Like

90% of forum posters would rather be nit-picky than helpful. So desperate to be technically correct, sad little lives.

13 Likes

blizzard will probably not mention private servers again, unless they are talking about going after them

we all know they played a role in classic wow, but now that the game is out they are going to care more about copyright laws

1 Like

Has to be accompanied by a wing letter or it confuses folks.
And VC is a boss, not a dungeon.

How about this: If everyone just shift-clicks someone’s name asking for a “DM” group, there’ll be no confusion.

Would be nice if everyone could just agree to disagree.

2 Likes

You receive an F. VC is a boss and not a dungeon. DM is Deadmines. Go fix your failure, student!

3 Likes

Yea, no one ever said this. Stop trolling.

I guess I’m no better since I’m participating now, but seriously, you guys are really rude. You’ve completely hijacked this guy’s thread, one which was actually an interesting premise too, with nit-picking BS and the ridiculous DM vs VC argument.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

6 Likes

Blizzard did a good job describing what Dire Maul is:

That should be everyone’s primary source of information concerning the dungeon.

They changed deadmines?

1 Like

Moved it to Feralas. Those 17-24 levels should have all kinds of amazing adventures on their way.

Actually, they have released Dire Maul this week, so people want to know of changes from the vanilla version.

Get outta town! You mean the people who invented the game and run it actually call it Dire Maul and not VC???

Ya… we should probably ignore completely the people who made the dang place and make up our own name!!!

/facepalm

OK, this cracked me up but also inadvertently shows the issue. Nobody ever called Dire Maul “DM:E/DM:W/DM:N”. When LFG you could specify the wing, but if you’re trying to refer to the dungeon as a whole? It’s DM. Or Dire Maul.

Same with Deadmines. When LFG, you can say VC assuming you’re actually going for VC. But I really hope people aren’t saying “VC is the only hard boss in VC” or “There’s a lot of tin in VC”. Sooner or later you have to refer to the physical place, that’s DM or Deadmines.

So you’re going to sooner or later have to spell one of them out, the horror :rofl: Since I ran Dire Maul roughly 1,000 more times than I ever did Deadmines, it’ll always be “DM” to me. Deadmines is… “Deadmines”.

2 Likes