List of Bugs to fix on mage pre patch

Frost Mage

• Time Anomaly does not work

I haven’t played a lot or been checking patch notes but I also noticed that:

• Ice Floes seems to let me cast the same spell as many times as I want while moving for the duration instead of working for just the next spell.
2 Likes

I can’t cast teleport or portal from my action bars, but if I open my spellbook I can.

• Ice Floes doesn’t work with Snowdrift and Frost Bomb

• Shifting Power doesn’t reduce the cooldown of Arcane Surge, Snowdrift, and Frost Bomb

• Slipstream and Clearcasting don’t work with Cascading Power if you’re moving when you consume your Mana Gem to get the 2 charges

2 Likes

Adding to this, for Arcane Mage clearcasting granted from Cascading Power (mana gem) will sometimes not grant the extra missiles from Amplification. It throws off your rhythm a lot if you’re casting a bunch in a row.

1 Like

Arcane charges under portrait and HUD are not working correctly. It will sometimes display that you have 4 charges after using Arcane Barrage. I sometimes see only the first two grayed out or the second and third after using Arcane Barrage. I recently saw all of my arcane charges grayed out except for the second. How is this so busted?

3 Likes

came here because of this. was playing arcane for the first time tonight in years and i was like really now. they let this go live? lol guess i’m just counting to four until they fix it.

2 Likes

Frost: Ray of Frost crits do not trigger Icy Propulsion.

1 Like

Confirmed, shifting power dosnt reduce arcane surge cd, and arcane surge cant be casted walking with ice floes.

I really hope they take the glacial spike serious it is mind boggling that it is a DPS loss and an end of the tree talent. They need to make harmonic echo baseline talent at the very least to up the damage on it.

Frost: Freezing winds legendary + GS doesn’t spawn additional icicles after you fill them with the hailstones talent. There’s something really funky going on because if you ST DPS the target, it will eventually work again, but unfortunaately, due to the nature of this bug, it makes GS an even worse choice with hailstones in M+ because you’re constantly changing targets.

Fire Mage proccing Fingers of Frost and clearcasting. Seems like a bug and is definitely useless.

1 Like

Frost mage literally does ZERO damage right now in PvP. They’ve been shadow nerfed with an extra 50% nerf to frostbolt that wasn’t addressed by removing Deep Shatter, along with the latest nerfs to Ice Lance. Frost needs a tuning pass or it will be a dead spec again. It was already bad in Shadowlands PvP without that broken trinket. Now we’re looking at another XPAC with Frost being a dead spec.

Things that they fixed with this new patch:

Tested by me

Those things are fixed!

BUT, this ones are not fixed yet:

1 Like

Clearcasting is still buggy and not always providing the associated benefits.

Arcane charges are still very buggy. I’m tempted to make a macro to reset my UI each time it happens, but there are times where it bugs out literally the very next charge generation.

1 Like

The Arcane Charge and all other combo points indicators being bugged must be caused by something really major if they haven’t found a fix yet and it’s really worrying at this point because all specs that rely on them are literally unplayable like this. And considering that they haven’t bothered to fix the Clearcasting indicator for years now I am not exactly brimming with confidence this will get addressed.

Looks like we will be forced to yet again supplement vital UI features with addons like WeakAuras because the game’s base UI is jank. Really ironic when one of the major selling points of this expansion was the UI revamp.

1 Like

What I found a bit odd is they mention rogues having a problem with charges, but there was no mention of arcane mage and feral druid.

Interesting. Either they don’t know or are trying to downplay the severity of the problem. Since both Arcane and Feral are underplayed specs neither scenario would surprise me.

1 Like

Updated list of bugs:

• The first stack of clearcasting given by Cascading Power doesn’t work.

• Ray of Frost crits do not trigger Icy Propulsion.

• Fire Blast doesn’t work with Time Manipulation.

Old bug:

• Ring of Fire graphic doesn’t line up with the activation volume. The target can be standing on the inside of the ring, standing in fire, and will not trigger the DoT effect.

Basically a bug, technically working, functionally frustrating and near useless:

• Flamecannon (PvP Talent) is unplayable/buggy after the change from 5s to 3s. Fire requires moving/jumping to prevent abilities from queueing together, especially during combustion, and any movement – including jumping – drops this buff. What’s more, as the range between you and your target increases, the chance that abilities queue together also increases. There’s absolutely no way this is functioning as intended. The time that the buff lasts should never have been decreased – it’s not a parameter that can be changed and have the ability still ‘work’.
1 Like

It;s still bugged on live though. Clear casting from the gem only shoots 5 missiles instead of 8