Lionheart (AU) Season of Mastery Realm

The only difference from exploiting a bug that’s there in the game, and that situation, is that worse than just exploiting the bug, someone paid for it and knowing the impact of bringing tons of money just to disrupt the economy of Lionsheart.

So nothing in the game is an exploit because you pay real money for it, that’s not how it works. Mistakes happen, there’s a clear difference between accidental exploit and then knowing you are doing something wrong. These people knew what they were doing. If they wanted a refund they should have contacted blizzard immediately and asked for a refund, not continue exploiting it.

4 Likes

Your discussion seems pointless. Pretty sure they’ve got some clause in there terms and conditions (like always) haven’t read them myself but if such a company has not covered this…

1 Like

Recent case in AU may make a class action waiver unenforceable there.

1 Like

Also the email they got with confirmation the purchase was completed. It usually says congratulations. That would be binding enough.

This is pure incompetence from their technical team that messed up. They will compensate, I can assure you that. Whatever terms and conditions they have, does not save them in this situation.

Like imagine, you paid money for a service that you don’t receive, and don’t get compensated. “But it says here in their ToS that you accepted, that they can do whatever they want and not face any legal repercussions” Lmao

Letting you know, as a 60 on Lionheart I estimate about 20k gold worth of items on the AH have appeared within hours there was tons of gear ON THE AH THAT WASNT IN THE GAME YET!!! this is insane! consumables, naxx matts, tons of zg rep items, tons of random gear from said content. I also saw groups running aq20… This is unreal the amount of non transfer players that have been effected by this is a trickled effect… There better be a massive roll back without affecting players levels/profs/time in game somehow… Or offer extra stuff to those who had prexsisting chars on the server… I want to transfer off lionheart as of now since I feel the server will be ruined for time to come being that the aq40 gates were already opened lol…

1 Like

!!! Why didn’t you join the AQ 20 groups, you could of got better spells! It’s over…

1 Like

Nah sounds like a case for Jackie Chiles.

What a mess of a couple of days for Blizz. Eeeesh

this isn’t true

the AH was basically empty

1 Like

“BAN THEM ALL! THEY EXPLOITED A BUG!”
“NO DONT BAN THEM! THIS IS ALL BLIZZARDS FAULT ANYWAYS!”

Can we all just agree that something should have been done as soon as this became public knowledge? The WoWhead post was up for almost 3 hours before Blizzard even acknowledged it! This “bug” is something that would kill the game over night and it took 3 HOURS before anything was done?!?

Now if they have to roll everything back to before the tfers started happening some people will lose levels and super RNG gear drops. Imagine doing some quests when an Epic open world BoE drops that could make you thousands of gold later in the cycle but because you got it after people started tfering, you will lose it in the rollback.

These people knew what they were doing and exploited this for personal gain (viewers to a stream etc is gain).

It’s kind of like walking into a store because the door is open and recording stealing stuff and then suing because you hurt yourself tripping over something in the dark.

IMO Blizzard should refund the $25 and then permanently close these accounts. Will that happen? Probably not… but it should.

Those people knew exactly what they were doing. There was nothing innocent about it and the same people probably break laws etc all the time because that’s the mentality. They think they can get away with anything.

5 Likes

Your the one who should of known better. It was a bug and you exploited it.

You should be banned for it.

5 Likes

Like inagine exploiting a bug and not thinking you will not be banned.

2 Likes

Well, it happened in the middle of the night Pacific time and the Shop for transfers was closed down first thing (before 9am PST) when the Blizzard tech people or whatever probably came to work.

However, this was an emergency enough situation that somebody should have been woken up to deal with it. So I agree there. Blizzard’s responsiveness to things hasn’t been that great in general.

2 Likes

Yeah but he’s going to manifest a frivolous lawsuit about it through the power of wishful thinking so Lizzard better watch their step.

No one believes you about sueing. You are just talking out your back side.

3 Likes

Even if someone did go to a lawyer over this im pretty sure theyd laugh at the person for trying to sue over $25 in damages.

3 Likes

They just changed their ToS because of this, LMAO!!! Hilarious.

Just got the “Our EULA has changed.” message trying to login. They know they screwed up and are now in damage control. I skimmed over it, and legally they are gonna lose money if someone tries to sue. And to the person above, it isnt $25, its going to be something like $100,000, and then blizz has to prove their damages were less than that by showing their logs of how many people actually used the transfer to AU. Then they will be forced to compensate or pay a fine. But i am willing to bet, out of all of us that play, at least 100 players tried this method of transferring, otherwise it would of not been as well known.
100x25= $2,500 in damages. Not a lot, but not nothing as well.

2 Likes