Linking Community/Guild into Macro

I looked up so many crazy ways but that worked really well Wynners! Thank you!

I found that this link works when you post it in chat, hit enter to send it in chat, then it works. If you just link it to the chat bar, and try to link it to the macro bar, it won’t work, but once it has been sent, in say, general or any other chat, it will let you click it for linking to the macro. Just messed around for a bit to figure it out, worked for me, hope this helps.

1 Like

Helped alot thanks!

Thanks, I have updated the video example for future reference

2 Likes

I honestly can’t tell if I’m being punked with this but absolutely nothing I do causes the link to show up in a macro edit window.

Control + Shift Click the link and hit enter to send it (implied by step 3)
Cursor to macro window
Absolutely no combination of clicking the Link to Chat button (without mods, with each mod individually, and with every possible combination of 2 mods and with all 3 mods) does anything except either no response or putting the link back in the chat box window.

After months of looking at responses here for this and trying everything that’s been presented I’m still unable to make this work.

Do you have any addons that mess with the macro window?
It didn’t work with Macro Toolkit but when I disabled that it worked with Blizzard’s macro window.

Also, I think it will work with any modifier. Control, shift, and alt all worked for me.

I’ll strip it down to bare bones and try it. Once I have the macro, I’m sure it’ll then work anywhere.

I didn’t think about that.

I have ElvUI (which reskins the macro window) and Mega Macros (which does a lot of wizardry with them).

/cast |cffffd100|HclubTicket:4DoNA73sxmZ|h[Join: Battle Squad Horrid]|h|r

That’s what ended up in the macros.txt file when I was done, but cutting and pasting that into a macro and attempting to run it doesn’t work. I get no response from that line at all (I have a test text line ahead of it just to make sure the macro is working).

I tried changing it to /cast |cffffd100|HclubTicket:4DoNA73sxmZ|h[Join: Battle Squad Horrid]|h|r, but I only got that string back.

I tried putting it in SendChatMessage() and got nothing back at all, not even an error message.

I’m bumfuzzled by this.

Change /cast to /s

I think he missed step 6…

Does it only work with numbered channels? I was attempting to use it in /p and /raid (as a recruiting macro for my PVP channel).

Tried it in /s.

Still just getting the string as shown (not the link).

It should. I’m uploading a video of how to do it.
Really not sure how you are getting all that text.

(internet super slow… so give it a moment to upload)

1 Like

Oh my goodness gracious thank you much for this fantastic information.

This worked great! Thank you!