Link Guild in Macro

I can link our guild in the chat channels, but the UI doesn’t want me to type anything else (in a macro or not).

How do you create a simple text macro that can link to your guild’s app in the guild finder?

Only works with anought room in the macro window, my link was over 83 characters long

I had to recreate this for 10.0.2 and it works, BUT I get this error on a separate line ahead of the macro executing (it DOES execute, but it generates an error):

“Unknown macro option: Guild”

That’s probably the result of some change by Blizzard, but is there a way to get rid of it?

Macro (copied from the interface, not the macro.text file) is as follows:

/2 [Guild: Apocalypse Riding Club] We're dedicated to grinding out low keys for crafting superior gear. It's an easy, stress-free, simple path to success. If you're down, join.

And yes, I necro’d a 3-year-old thread. I did verify that it’s still relevant and the solution does work - there’s just been an error introduced.

Edited to add: Apparently it only happens if you START the displayed text with the link. Adding "Greetings. " before that example macro (I have several ads) made the error go away. Odd.

2 Likes