Lightwell: The Return of a Signature Priest Spell

I mean, again, it totally can be.

The problems with it right now are:

1. Range (this can be changed with tuning)
  2. Healing (this is obviously tuning)
  3. Proccing on a low health threshold (this can be changed with tuning).

The question rather than if it’s possible to tune is whether it’s even worth keeping around - because at a 3 min. cooldown, to tune it properly means Hpriest just have a stupidly large amount of healing cooldowns to rotate through. Is double salv, double hymn and lightwell tuned to a healer CD a good thing for the game? Probably not.

And if it became a choice node with other healer CDs, well I mean… man is it going to have to be impressive.

But even if it’s bad. If people like the flavor just let em have it. It’s one talent in the tree on a choice node which the alternative is great.

1 Like

The latest version automatically spits heals as intelligent heals. The range, cooldown, and the number of heals are the pressing issue that is making it a dead talent right out of the gate. The fact that all these tuning changes are happening and it is being ignored from tuning worries me.

Divine Word: Sanctify is Lightwell but better. I’ve done testing with Lightwell and the healing can overwrite itself, making for tons of wasted healing on targets that need it most. These problems don’t exist for Divine Word: Sanctify which also has a lower cooldown.

Technically this week was the last week where they’re doing talent revamps. Now until pre-patch is going to be spent on bug fixing and tuning. They haven’t even put the raid or M+ up yet for testing either.

1 Like

I fully agree with you there. If lightwell worked like liturgy it would be a sick raid cooldown. It’s like casting 5 PoH upfront, and every time a damage pulse goes out it it triggers a PoH. At the end of the duration it triggers the remaining stacks for half healing. Oh, and it’s ogcd (not really a thing that wow does a lot).

If that was how lightwell worked it would be sick, and would be a pretty good raid cooldown for holy priest. At least in my head it would, but I’m usually wrong.

2 Likes

Think I’d still rather have Cascade like they mentioned, rather than a third raid CD, especially if our tier set once again speeds up the holy word cycle to reset Salv faster.

Cascade was great for the wide-spread fights in a way that our other heals can’t quite do, and we can’t fly around everywhere like evokers.

1 Like

I figured if Lightwell worked like a healing tide ability it would be a pretty good choice. The issue is that it’s tied into the Lightweaver path which is literally just deep investments into abilities that only buff Flash Heal/Heal and nothing else.

If you don’t take Lightweaver your single target healing and mana efficiency takes a hit. Heal is +26% more baseline healing and -20% less mana cost than Flash Heal. Lightweaver buffs it up another +15% healing.

I wouldn’t mind cascade replacing light well at this point. But given where light well is on the tree which is connected single target talents not sure how that would translate. But I’m with you.

1 Like