Lightwell change?

Please change Lightwell’s healing function.
I’m not either A. using it right, or B. it’s just a poor design and it’s healing is rarely being used. Everytime I cast it it stays at max charges… Or barely uses it’s healing stacks. I understand the requirement is 50% health but still. Seems kinda pointless. People mostly stay above 50% health and when they drop under they pop back above it? I don’t know. It would seems to make sense lorewise if it radiated a constant healing spell outward for like a minute or three? Like a giant holy nova? So standing near it would heal you.

Where’s Manbeard we need him to praise the lightwell for buffs.

The current iteration of lightwell is so bad that it shouldn’t even be considered a talent.

If anything they should just make it a baseline ability for holy priests and call it a day

Unless they make any substantial changes to light well, it’s as good as trash

The fact that lightwell is in the same talent slot as light weaver is ridiculous

Honestly the threshold should be more like 75% or closer to it. Having a HoT hit a target at 50% with how damage can come out can mean they die before they have a chance to really benefit from it.

Its crazy that the ability has been in the game since BC, Blizzard has made NPC versions of it that are exactly what the talent should be, and yet they still can’t be bother to make it a functioningly decent talent for players.

Do you think it would every replace lightweaver though? Even with a 75% threshold

Would depend on the amount of healing each HoT does. There was a point way back, I want to say Cata or maybe MoP where the function was still the terrible “DPS must click it” but the healing output was insane, like I could drop it in arena and stand next to it while being trained but never have to cast a heal, insane.

So I guess its possible.

The problem with Lightwell is it simply doesn’t do any meaningful healing. You’re looking at less healing every 3 minutes than two casts of power word life.

I’m still not a big fan of this spell since it’s the only healing spell in our kit that is super situational… and even if you prof it below a hp threshold it can get cancelled from someone consuming a lock rock. I would rather have them make Miracle Worker baseline (because serenity should always have 2 charges tbh, it just doesn’t make sense not to because of our cd reductions)

They could have made the bottom talent for miracle worker/ restitution to power word life/ restitution since both of these are situational.

It’s straight up better than lightweaver for raw HPS in raid if you ever have time where the raid is close enough and might have use of it.

I know guides like to recommend lightweaver, but considering you have to use flash heal for every heal, it’s actually not great, even with resonant words. The advantage it has is entirely cast time - it’s harder to snipe lightweaver heals, and for content like M+ where you NEED to get your heals out quickly. But for HPS? You want to just be casting heal if you’re doing ST healing.

That said, it’s not that Lightwell is secretly good - it’s that lightweaver is actually that bad for raw hps in raid. Honestly - the problem is how restrictive well is. The cooldown, the range and the inability to move it are the biggest problems.

The only scenario I can think of lightwell being useful in M+ would be the 3rd boss in Azure Vault. I can imagine it healing people hit by frost bomb but even then it’s very niche.

You’d be right. Lightwell is completely useless in M+ content. Damage is too spikey for slower heals to be of any use, and lightwell is such a long cooldown with such restrictive range that at best it could be used on something like the Temple second boss. But that’s pretty much it.

It’s a raid talent through and through, but it’s not good enough to actually be worth taking in raid either. Divine word/Miracle worker/Restitution are all better.

1 Like

Speaking of Restitution, what are your thoughts on replacing it with Miracle Worker for M+ content.

If you played through Legion, remember how powerful X’anshi used to be? Was the go to legendary for every holy priest back then

I would actually say the 2nd boss, when he goes immune and everyone tends to be close together killing his 4 add and having to dodge his orbs. On the ice guy people tend to have to move and it becomes easy to get pulled out of range.

I used to be against PWL, but once I started using it: it’s actually very useful. I installed a WA that lights up my frames when people drop below the threshold you can use it at.

It helps on a lot of boss fights on higher keys because the whole group will get hit down to <35% hp so I know I can instantly PWL somebody and then use Serenity and Heal on other targets after the damage goes out. It also crits fairly hard for 200k+ and full healths a non-tank.

In raid I get a lot more usage out of it than I expected.

Lightweaver isn’t even the meta Holy Priest raid build though. DW/Miracle Worker w/ Revitalizing Prayers is atm. There’s not enough time to hard cast in raid to maintain Lightweaver because you move around a lot and the damage comes out frequently mainly as rot auras. Also, Answered Prayers and all the other Holy Word reducing abilities lets you get fast Holy Word Salvation resets.

Lightweaver Heal would probably be like 5-6% of your hps: if that. I play my DW/Miracle Build more of a Hybrid approach and weave in Flash Heals or Prayer of Healings depending on what the target needs.

I use Miracle Worker and it’s strong because you have two additional Holy Words at your disposal which you can use with Resonant Words Heal after. It gives you a lot of on demand burst healing to push through tough situations.

You should test out lightwell in your keys, I would trust ur opinion since you regularly do high keys. Tell me how it is in keys and when is the best time to use it?

It is in the guides linked to.

The initial build recommended is the Prayer circle build, but then they secondarily recommend lightweaver for a non-PoH build.

Personally I think both are wrong for most raid hpriests. The Prayer circle build can waste so much mana so fast that if you aren’t very cognizant of that, you’ll kill your mana bar immediately, which is never ideal for your average healer. And the lightweaver build just isn’t good.

I run DW (or Image)/Miracle Worker and run a bunch of heal synergies and basically spam heal and divine word serenity. Much better on mana, and enough damage happens that you don’t get sniped much. I use Flash heal in emergencies/at the end of an answered prayers apoth proc if a heal won’t fit. So far I’ve been parsing pretty well in every fight and could also definitely do better than I am.

I would take the guides with a grain of salt. If you look at the logs from all the Holy Priests on Mythic they’re exclusively running DW/MW. Some of them were even running Divine Image instead of Divine Word which contributed only about 5% of their healing.

You don’t actually spam PoH in the build though: it’s mainly used as a filler AOE heal if everything else is on cd. Mana wise w/ Prayer Circles its more HPM and HPS efficient than Flash Heal. I haven’t been running oom either.

The best way to use PoH is as a quick cast CoH when you trigger your 2 piece. You can cast a fast PoH a few seconds before PoM resets, cast PoM, and repeat.

With holy priest you have to bake in holy word cooldown into the cost of the global. I’d rather cast a ToL heal than a CoH even with prayer circle.

TBH if I was going to run a build that took Circle and didn’t cast PoH much, I’d probably go for healing chorus, which could actually make the CoH more worth it to me. Mostly because CoH just isn’t that good without Orison.

Currently I don’t even spend the point into CoH, lol.

Lightwell should be like the Anima Power in BFA. You take a % of your overhealer and you stack in a well that follow you. And you can use it to heal a player or its used if you heal a player with less than 35% of his hp