Lightning Shield in PvP

Seems everyone runs Lightning Shield (at least according to The Loot District), and I’m curious as to why?

Seems lackluster compared to the other two, especially the synergy between Boulderfist and Landslide.

Pretty sure it is damage without having to spend globals to get it. Especially since everyone likes to train blue. Even when stunned, you are doing damage.

I think forceful winds is more consistent damage than rockbiter/landslide, and again, no globals needed.

Is the damage that significant though? At my level (62) it hits for 14 damage and I have 5,500 health. I know level 62 isn’t representative of end game, but i can’t imagine it magically skyrocketing scaling wise from here.

Also, neither other tier 1 option add buttons to the rotation, as you’d be hitting rockbiter and lava lash anyways. Unless you mean more GCDs because of the 15% recharge speed increase or needing to prioritize lava lash when you get a proc. Idk they just seem to be a much greater dmg increase than tickling melee for 0.25% of their total health. Not trying to be combative, genuinely curious since the other two seem to be much greater damage increases with minimal added complexity to the spec, at least when looking at the tool tips.

You aren’t hitting these as much at 120, it is all about stormstrike damage. While levelling though, like you, I choose boulderfist and landslide as the resources (including stormbringer procs) are more scarce.

EDIT: what I meant by no globals needed, was that in order to get the max use out of boulderfist/landslde you would have to be pressing rockbiter way too much and at the expense of better options (e.g. healing, CC, and abilities that do real damage)

Ahh, that’s good to know about rockbiter. I seem to be pressing it fairly often right now to fish for landslide procs. How else does the rotation differ at 120? More haste meaning more stormbringer procs?

It speeds up quite a lot. I am not sure why exactly, but I feel like I am swimming in resources and procs.

If you haven’t already, I would join earthshine discord, there are a lot of really helpful knowledgable people there.

EDIT: maybe you did ask this on Earthshine discord, I just saw the same question haha.

Yep that was me lol. It seems dead, at least as it relates to the PvP section :grimacing:

It’s not dead, someone will likely chime in =)