Liberty Cleave?

Dk/mage/healer

Does it still exist?
Is it any good currently?

Simple answer? No!

1 Like

Please explain? Much appreciated

It was never a really meta comp, just good to stop some meleecleaves. But nowadays nobody is playing frost mage, everyone is playing fire. And DK on it’s own isn’t as strong. And you see also a lot more wizzard cleaves that you couldn’t impress with maximum snare.

You also don’t bring anything into the comp the mage could work with. You don’t have a lot of stun potential or other cc, so the mage has to kite a lot which means a lot longer cd on his combustion. Your damage isn’t the best if you can’t cleave (only some aoe burst but no real st pressure), you don’t have MS or mana burn so you can’t outlast the enemy team and on top of it you are also quite squishy.

So no, I don’t think it would work out that great. Both classes have stronger comps to play with.

2 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face: What about strangulate? And gripping off the mage?
My arena partner plays a mage… so I guess I’m just trying to make things work

Better reroll a ww, war, rogue, or any other caster

1 Like

its pretty lack luster. comp has limited stuns and dk and mage are often trying to do 2 different things

1 Like

Sure, nothing to lose with trying. But I wouldn’t expect it to do any good. As I have said, both classes have a lot better comps to play with, especially mages.

1 Like

i dont see how that would ever be a good comp unless dk and mage are so overtuned they just outdmg everything

Why would you ever try and play with a caster when you can just ape a wizard down as a mongo cleave

RL friends

Try it and report back.

Not the level or the ilvl. Wanted to know before I invested time I can’t get back.

Mr. Sockems, my dear BfA fotm destro player, who is now hardstucked at <2,000 rating: why do people play RMX, WWMX, WLX or even wizzarcleave then, when they couldn’t ape everything down the same way with their mongo comps?

( https://check-pvp.fr/us/Tichondrius/Frankendude )

Lmfao… what is with people linking forums and players these past 24 hours :rofl:

So now that you’ve rubbed his face in mud lol
You think I’d be wasting my time to gear a dk to play with a mage (The same reason I quit on the idea of playing MLS and stopped my lock)?

I think the comp isn’t really viable on higher ratings. If your goal is only low rating, you feel comfortable on dk and having the most fun with it, it can potentially still work.

But as I have said, both don’t cover the weaknesses of each other, which is why it isn’t a solid comp usually.

I bet you could get kills in the opener, idk how high you’re trying to go with it though.

I’ll probably just stick to FMP then. Seems to be good and feral is the class/spec I’ve always played in the 1900s.

I mean I’ve played zombie chicken Cleave at 2100mmr but really all I’m after is to break 2k CR for the achieve and pick up the 100 win mount. Been slacking this season and bouncing around on alts. Also playing zombie was when necrotic strike was good and desecrated the ground.

Its mediocre. DKs in general are bad and the comp only ever saw some moderate at best success running with a frost mage. Neither unholy or frost have enough to support a fire mage and allow them the tools they want to function.

If both frost mage and unholy DK was viable, it might be decent.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be able to talk them into playing other classes lol

Is DK turbo viable? Or dramatically weaker than warrior turbo?