LFR in 9.0

Blizzard could make it like the Disney Buzz Lightyear ride. :rofl:

Using it as a strawman because the other arguments fall flat? If you actually take a glance at the anti LFR threads, you’ll notice something; It’s the same people posting they hate it, yet the majority who don’t mind the content get drowned out by the same handful of people each time.

If they were to do a poll do you truly think that most players want its removal? I would bet all my retirement funds that it would be the exact opposite. Taking it out will just put it back to where it was before, that very few people actually took part, hence the whole reason of it being added. I talk to new people everyday, not all end up on my friends list, but I proactively do. Do you?

1 Like

See the usual suspects in another useless spam lfr thread. The only one that is missing is the draenei mage that has a weird fetish with the lfr topic lol.

I’d really like to get more stats on how many people (or % of people) did LFR during BFA. Considering the gear avenue is pretty bad vs just doing wqs/warfronts and other type of solo activities for the type of players that are interested by it (mostly solo players or super casuals).

I do think they could rework it so it takes less time if there was lower participation. Removing the need for tanks/healers and such.

If you took a poll, most people would probably think of it simplistically, and generally wouldn’t be concerned about how LFR impacts the social aspect of the game. The issue gets worse as LFR teaches players to be unconcerned with socializing, thus making them rely more on LFR, which makes them further think LFR is a good thing.

I very much doubt there are many people who can’t do normal. Sure some people might quit without LFR, but for each person quitting there’s others not quitting because they’ve started to socialize, leaving a net positive as new players come in and actually make friends. It’s the very model that made WoW so successful to begin with, whereas now it’s just a tourist trap for players to come, see the content, and leave.

2 Likes

Your best arguement for LFR mechanics in the last 6 years is a fight where you need 2 people out of the 25 in the group to have some sort of idea how the fight works? Yikes.

1 Like

Well for me, even as a casual, LFR destroys the progression concept of the game. That being im gearing up, going through these dungeon/gear/profession loops to see the end boss. Once that end boss requires none of these things and I can just walk in it simply makes other content obsolete. LFR fills the gear gaps old forms of progression used to give, thats why Dungeons are a separate progression of their own now, but its all going nowhere. Its just different vertical lines all taking you to absolutely nowhere.

I miss those aspects taking me to Raiding. Taking me to the end boss. I miss knowing why I was doing professions and dungeons and getting gear. I used to be able to tell you, because I want to beat Illidan. Because that is the fight, the boss. The epic and most important carrot is watching him go down. That was the game. Now? I have no idea why anything even matters. We are just on difficulty loops of rehashed ideas going nowhere. The feeling is
 unmemorable.

1 Like

Because it’s a raid and I feel should be treated as such. It’s not a tourist scenario. Nor do I think it should be.

The entire point was to let people experience raiding and storylines without having to commit a huge chunk of time to something they couldn’t do. That’s why it was queueable and split into wings. To experience raiding, you don’t get to ignore mechanics and AFK.

I’m fine with 4 levels. Basically all I do is Normal and Heroic, but I’m glad LFR and Mythic levels of difficultly are there for those customers that are best suited for that level of difficulty.

Concentrate on what you enjoy in the game and leave others to enjoy what they like.

3 Likes

I think you are very mistaken.

1 Like

If this was true the world first race along with all mythic raiding guilds would cease to exist. It makes the content obsolete for you, but for many people who want to push their limits and challenge themselves with their guild, LFR doesn’t make mythic raiding obsolete.

Believe it or not, some people like the challenge of high end raiding because, get ready, it’s actually fun.

Again, someone doing LFR doesn’t take away from any of the things you listed. When I loaded into 8.0, I told myself I was going to get AotC on the first raid (Uldir). Every M+ I did, every world quest, every stupid AP grind made killing G’huun on heroic worth it for me. Jimmy the dwarf mage doing LFR had absolutely no effect on my drive to raid heroic and dabble into mythic. Maybe you need to look at why you are playing the game if you feel like other people doing LFR invalidates your content.

Once again, you problem. You don’t know why anything matters because you feel like you don’t have a place in the game. When I raided heroic NH in Legion, I did not give 2 craps about people clearing it in LFR. I wanted to kill big bad Gul’dan on heroic difficulty and someone who queued up to pub stomp him did not effect mine or my guilds gameplay.

Ultimately, all the problems you have with raid finder seem really weird. Someone having 8/8 on LFR EP doesn’t make someone’s cutting edge title less awesome. In my experience, most heroic and mythic raiders aren’t the ones who hate LFR, because that content has no bearing on their gameplay style.

I play this game to challenge myself, and I play it to be the best I can, someone doing EZ mode content does not change my drive to do that. If it changes yours, like I said, maybe you should take a look at why you are actually playing the game.

4 Likes

I occasionally go into LFR and mess up every mechanic that I know will kill other players and it’s really really hard to kill someone lol

1 Like

I can’t believe people still complain about something that awards gear 20 to 40 ilvls lower than what they get in raids.

2 Likes

Some people still get mad at casuals getting purples they do not “deserve”

1 Like

They need to auto-ban anyone who speaks of LFR in GD. Including myself, since I’m obviously doing that.

It’s a radioactive dead horse that EVERYONE wants to keep beating. You have a easier time trying to change a Texan’s mind about guns, then getting a meaningful discussion about LFR.

2 Likes

LFR is like those free phone games where you can watch ads to get free resources

Basically watch a YouTube video and get loot. That said it fills its purpose and should just be left alone

but yet the accept a speed run dungeon for raid ilvl gear from a rng lootbox at the end of the week.

priorities

lets not go there Classic is waiting for you instead.

1 Like

Truth-- I would probably do it if this was the case and it allowed me to complete raid quest.

Not go where?

Im already playing classic. When are you coming to play with me? We have some gear to earn together.