LFR in 9.0

Mythic is more important and integral to this game surviving than LFR is. Don’t fool yourself.

1 Like

And you’re actually claiming that all of those players want to eliminate all casual content and force the 75% who didn’t run it from the game?

Don’t forget to subtract those who bought carries. They’re out, too.

Please link to your data source. You are imagining things if you think that elite players want to do maximum difficulty content 8 hours a day.

Ah, the mage tower. A clear example of the exclusive “one and done” content you think you deserve. “Give me lots more of the most expensive content possible, but make somebody else pay for it. The people whose content we removed to make me feel special can pay for it. Wait, where did they go?”

Hey, who needs subscribers, when you can have raiders insisting that this should be a not for profit company?

If mythic raiding were removed, only raid loggers would be upset.

3 Likes

But I want mythic gear for no effort D:

I pay my sub like everyone else, therefore I’m entitled to it for some reason.

2 Likes

I fear you are severely mistaken.

To be fair, you sound like one of the most entitled forum posters in this forum.

If all content was tuned for mythic raiders as Turnberry wants, hardly anyone would still play.

Routine content should be trivial. Otherwise even you would never do it.

Most forum raiders brag that they only log in to raid. They don’t like much of the game. That wouldn’t change if the majority of players were forced out to make you feel more special.

2 Likes

If Mythic raiding were removed, Blizzard would lose more money than the removal of any other aspect of the game. 5,000 people doing LFR for one month is less beneficial to Blizzard than 1,000 people doing Mythic for 5 months. Blizzard would lose out on exponential WoW Token money, they would lose out on all the server and faction transfer money which is a market dominantly fueled by guild recruitment, all of the gold pumped into the economy through consumables and BoE’s which are only bought for and used by raiders would disappear, and the large community of raiders who literally only play this game to raid would all quit. There is no one that cares about LFR as much as raiders care about the real raids.

Like I said, don’t fool yourself. Content that lasts is more important than one time tourist modes. It is irrelevant if more people do LFR than Mythic because Mythic results in exponentially more playtime overall and it isn’t close, because not only does it require many more hours to clear it also requires many more hours invested outside of the raid.

A mythic raider is more valuable to Blizzard than an LFR player. It’s just business.

3 Likes

Casual content doesn’t have to be completely brainless. Want to know what was good casual content? The Timeless Isle. But every recreation we get of it is extremely convoluted.

I told you my source, feel free to google.

I completed the mage tower 24 times. I spent hundreds of hours either in there or preparing alts to go in there. Many others did as well. Compare that to Warfronts, which I have done maybe 7-8 times total this expansion.

Sorry, Mythic raiders earn their high level loot by completing high level content.

That’s not entitlement, entitlement is playing something a lobotomized ferret taped to a keyboard could pull off, and acting like you deserve similar rewards.

You’re championing the flag of mediocrity. Quit while you can.

5 Likes

This seems highly ignorant of the impact that mythic raiding has. Exposure it gets. Guides that people make etc.

You have already stated that you want this “casual content” to be challenging to the best players. You can’t have it both ways. Which is it?

You do not have a source for your claim that 25% of players want all content in the game to be of maximal difficulty. You totally made that up.

Isn’t that special!

How many times would you have repeated each spec for no reward? None.

2 Likes

I actually did it on both my Alliance and Horde DK. Obviously I already had the transmog so I did do it again for no reward.

Let’s not start posting hyperbole.

And LFR isn’t for raiders. It never was in the beginning either. That’s why you can queue for it in smaller short wings. People don’t go into LFR just because they can autoattack and AFK. They go in because there’s no lengthy commitment time.

LFR was just fine the way it was in Dragon Soul with the mechanics and damage that existed. Casuals got through it.

1 Like

I wasn’t around for LFR Thok and Nazgrim, please explain?

People dpsing Nazgrim during his defensive stance, a phase in which you are supposed to stop damaging him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9cHS2m2dDgE

As for thok your run could be ruined if some unaware person grabbed the keys and didn’t even pay attention to go open the cages. Which will cause his chase phase to go on forever and he’ll eventually hunt everyone down.

The fact people get salty that LFR exists is probably the best part.

6 Likes

m+ needs to be removed if lfr is ill take the trade off.

3 Likes

I wish I had my more time myself to repeat the challenges on the other faction, only got 31 appearances. All throughout 7.3.5 I was waiting for Blizzard to come out with a “Rage Tower” quest (as the bald one mentioned a few times), so that I could attempt it again for my more progressed characters but that never happened. Big opportunity missed there Blizzard.

Interesting. Whats the goal with that?

to have the gear path go through raids and pvp only like it used to be.

people shouldnt be doing a speed run for raid ilvl quality gear.